High Profile Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I'm 5'6, 135lbs. Currently a deflated, uneven 36A. I told my doctor I wanted a full C/small D & he recommended 440cc HP saline. I asked about the risks of larger, and aggravatingly, he stated that my body could probably support 475cc or a 500cc with 15% chance or folding/rippling. My left will need to be filled +30cc to even out. What can I expect the end result to be close to if I go with the 475? Or even 460cc? Is 475cc HP saline (under muscle) too large? I want the rounder, fuller look.

High Profile #BreastAugmentation Options

+2

From your photos, it appears that you will benefit from a breast augmentation, but the specific implant is more challenging to determine. The difference between the specific implants you mention will be impossible to determine - and 15 cc is virtually undetectable. The bigger concern is the fact that your nipples are located at the lower aspect of your breasts and an implant alone will not give you the look you desire. Look at the nipple position on your body and compare it to the "desired" look and you will see that there is excess tissue beneath the fold. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Picking the right implant size for you

+2

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. There are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Choosing an implant should be a straight forward process

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  I firmly believe choosing an implant should be a straight forward process.  Your most important decision will be what size you want your breasts to be when you are all done.  To do so you can get some idea of a range by looking at your height and the final cup size that you want to achieve.  Try on this range of implants in your plastic surgeons office.  Based on your BWD you can narrow the selection on what type, i.e. high profile or moderate profile plus, etc.  In general, I would encourage you to consider silicone for the size implants you are considering and the thickness of your breast tissue as silicone will have less implant palpability and visibility.  You may, either at the same time or down the road also decide to undergo a purse-string mastopexy to even our the amount of skin laxity difference, properly position the areolas, and reduce the size of the areolas if you so choose.

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Implant and possible lift needed to get desired result

+1

You have ptotic, asymmetric breasts.  To obtain the cup size you want and still keep the implants at about the same base diameter you have now, I think high profile implants of about 475 ml shoudl do the job.  You may, however, still have some residual sagging.  The only way to know for sure is to put the implants in and see.  So you should go into surgery knowing that a lift might also be necessary to get a satisfactory result.  A peri-areolar technique should work well.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size and Shape

+1

I do not think that 450cc to 500cc implants are too large for the breast size you desire. Your issue in achieving your look is not the implant size but that your breast tissue sags and your nipple is situated lower on the breast mound. You may be able to get away without any form of a lift but that would not be guaranteed. You should be prepared for the potential issue that the breast implant size is great but your nipples are hanging off the lower edge of them. Note that the woman's breast shape and volume in the picture you have shown is not the same as yours. That is why she achieved that look. That, unfortunately, may not be the same result in you regardless of implant size. 

Web reference: http://www.eppleybreastaugmentation.co