Can High Profile 375 Cc Implants on Small Frame Result in "Natural Looking Breasts" (No Stripper Look) (photo)

Im a petite asian girl wanting natural BA results as I work in a conservative office. Currently 32AA 5'3.5" 110lbs 12" BWD & 26.5"ribcage & want to be a small C cup. I went to my first consultation w/ a PS & ended up liking the 350cc look. He said that I would need the 375cc Allergan Natrelle Silicone Cohesive Style 20 Round High Profile (Diameter 11.7cm, projection 4.9cm)inframammary, subpectoral to achieve the look. Is it possible to achieve natural results & avoid the baseball stripper look?

High profile implants and small, relatively flat breasts

+3

I see three good answers to this question, particularly the one from Dr. Garramone. The short answer to your question is that, no, you will not look natural with 375cc high profile implants. Even if they fit the width of your breast (which looks less than 12 cm), they would take you from a relatively small and flat breast to a very highly projected one which will look like obvious implants. 

I would recommend no more than a medium profile saline-filled or middle profile gel-filled (not called that) implant that matches the width of your breast upright with arms down as in your pictures. The width of the implant should be about 1/2 to 3/4 cm less than the measured width of your breast and placed under the pectoralis muscle with a dual plane release of the lower part of the pectoralis and through an inframammary crease incision. This should result in a natural looking breast that is about 1 1/2 cup sizes larger than you are now which would be between a B and C cup size. The cc's of the implant are determined by looking up the correct width of a middle profile implant. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking breast implants for thin women

+2
I regularly perform breast augmentation surgery for patients who participate in body building, fitness and figure competitions. While many are initially concerned about sub-pectoral placement and the potential for distortion of the appearance of augmented breasts when the pec major contracts, I am absolutely confident that the aesthetic outcome for these patients will be far superior with implants placed under the muscle.
A pre-pectoral implant in a slender patient, especially one with well-developed muscles, looks just as you imagine it would: like a foreign object, not like a natural-appearing breast. The muscle does not have to contract for a pre-pectoral implant to look unnatural in this group of patients - it looks unnatural every minute of the day.
Achieving the ideal aesthetic position for a sub-pectoral implant requires release of part of the inferior origin of the muscle from the chest wall. I perform the minimal release of the origin of the pec major that is required to get the implant in an ideal position vertically, but also weaken the origin in the area where muscle contraction tends to displace an implant. As a result the vast majority of patients have little to no distortion of their breast appearance when the pec major muscles are tensed. Patients also do not experience any loss of function, strength or range of motion from release of this very limited part of the pec major origin. Many patients have indicated that their natural (but augmented) breast appearance has provided a significant advantage for them in competitions.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

You have the natural look now

+2

Natural means different things to different women. In general, your breast after a breast augmentation will look like a combination of your breast before plus the implant.  The smaller your breast before surgery the more your breast will look like the implant after.  The more breast tissue you have before surgery the more natural your breast will look after, that is less like the implant.  The way to compensate if you have very small breasts before surgery is to have a smaller implant placed at surgery which will look more natural sooner after surgery and look better for longer after surgery.

Thank you for your question and best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Natural look

+2

Given that you want the "natural " look and you do not have a lot of breast tissue, it may be difficult to achieve that.  The more tissue you have and the smaller implant placed the more natural you will look.

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Picking the right implant size for you

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning

2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. So try these implants in the office to pick which look you like the best.

Hope this helps.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Natural Appearing Breast Implants

+1

If you are looking for a natural appearing result, I would suggest moderate profile, sub muscular implants.  High Profile and sub glandular implants tend to look like implants.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD