Will I Need High or Moderate Profile to Achieve This Look? (photo)

I'm 5'8" 145 lbs, have one child which I breast fed. I'm a very small B cup. I've been to a consultation before and the PS recommended 550ccs for me. My question though that I should have asked at my consultation is: my breasts seem slightly saggy to me. Will I need a lift too? Or if I do a high profile implant, will it suffice? Also, a doctor on here mentioned to me in a previous question that I asked that my nipples point outward. I've never noticed it, but is there a way to correct that?

High profile implants for your look

From the photos it seems the high profile implant might be right for you. Your nipple is well above the breast fold and you should not need a lift.

Implants must fit your chest

Thanks for your question. You appear to have a symmetrical shape and your nipple position does not need adjusting. The picture you show does seem to be a very round shape and that likely is HP. I'm concerned however about your fairly narrow chest and the implant ending up too lateral (in your arm pit). I personally do not like the HP implant in primary augmentation. Recent studies have shown that there can be chest wall damage and it is not as natural a look as the Mod Plus implant.The other concern is that the larger the implant the more it weighs. Long term this can cause stress and strain to your neck, back and breast tissue. These larger sizes are also associated with implant asymmetry and malposition. Hopefully you will have another consultation and these things can be addressed. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Oversized breast implants

Dear Esthetician,

It appears that your goals are very lofty in terms of breast size.  Fortunately, at 5'8" you can carry a very large breast.  Your nipples do point outward slightly and may continue to do so after surgery, but may be somewhat correctable with implant positioning.  There is no sagging of your breasts, so there is no need for a lift operation or high profile implants.  Good luck!

I don't think you need a lift. Your breasts have a great shape to them, and I think HP implants may work well in you...But with your height and the size you want to be, you may need a bit larger implant, would be my guess...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

I think that the key is to get properly examined first. 800 cc implants are extremely large and can cause more problems than smaller implants.  Good luck.

Pushing the limits with breast augmentation

Your goal is to push the absolute limit of augmentation, far into the realm of unnatural.  You will need a high profile or super high profile implant depending on your base diameter most likely but also need to undertsand all the increased risks you are taking on in this goal of yours. You need no lifting and your nippe position is just fine too.

Size questions

i agree with the other PS here. Dr. Tholen's response is spot on. 

You need to approach this decision with good information and have a real face to face consult with a PS who you trust. The pic you are aiming for does look HIGH profile. 

Please have another consultation with your PS or seek a second opinion. You need to be confident in your size decision and that your PS understands your goals clearly. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Great answers

I don't have much to add as the surgeons here have already answered well.  I agree that you do not need a lift and would tell you that often the "high-profile" is thought by ladies to mean the height of the implant when in fact it reflects the "projection" of the implant.  

Lift and implants

I do not think you need a lift but also believe that 550 cc is too large for you. Even with high profile, I don't think your chest width can accommodate such large implants and they will make the lateral pointing of your nipples even more obvious.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

High profile vs. Moderate profile implants

The difference between the two profile implants is the projection of the implant and its base width. The high profile implant at a same volume will have more projection at a narrower diameter. The moderate profile implant has a wider diameter and less projection at the same volume. A high profile implant will give more projection and a fuller look and a rounder look on the superior pole of the breast (less of a teardrop shape) then the same volume moderate profile implant (by the way I use a moderate plus profile). The most important is to obtain the proper measurement of the breast prior to the surgery to plan which breast implant will fit your dimensions the best. A high volume implant with a wide diameter on a narrow chest will not be a good match.

It does not look as you need a lift.

Good luck!