Will I Need High or Moderate Profile to Achieve This Look? (photo)

I'm 5'8" 145 lbs, have one child which I breast fed. I'm a very small B cup. I've been to a consultation before and the PS recommended 550ccs for me. My question though that I should have asked at my consultation is: my breasts seem slightly saggy to me. Will I need a lift too? Or if I do a high profile implant, will it suffice? Also, a doctor on here mentioned to me in a previous question that I asked that my nipples point outward. I've never noticed it, but is there a way to correct that?

High profile implants for your look

+2

From the photos it seems the high profile implant might be right for you. Your nipple is well above the breast fold and you should not need a lift.

Implants must fit your chest

+2

Thanks for your question. You appear to have a symmetrical shape and your nipple position does not need adjusting. The picture you show does seem to be a very round shape and that likely is HP. I'm concerned however about your fairly narrow chest and the implant ending up too lateral (in your arm pit). I personally do not like the HP implant in primary augmentation. Recent studies have shown that there can be chest wall damage and it is not as natural a look as the Mod Plus implant.The other concern is that the larger the implant the more it weighs. Long term this can cause stress and strain to your neck, back and breast tissue. These larger sizes are also associated with implant asymmetry and malposition. Hopefully you will have another consultation and these things can be addressed. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Oversized breast implants

+2

Dear Esthetician,

It appears that your goals are very lofty in terms of breast size.  Fortunately, at 5'8" you can carry a very large breast.  Your nipples do point outward slightly and may continue to do so after surgery, but may be somewhat correctable with implant positioning.  There is no sagging of your breasts, so there is no need for a lift operation or high profile implants.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

+2

I don't think you need a lift. Your breasts have a great shape to them, and I think HP implants may work well in you...But with your height and the size you want to be, you may need a bit larger implant, would be my guess...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

+2

I think that the key is to get properly examined first. 800 cc implants are extremely large and can cause more problems than smaller implants.  Good luck.

Pushing the limits with breast augmentation

+2

Your goal is to push the absolute limit of augmentation, far into the realm of unnatural.  You will need a high profile or super high profile implant depending on your base diameter most likely but also need to undertsand all the increased risks you are taking on in this goal of yours. You need no lifting and your nippe position is just fine too.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Size questions

+2

Hi,

i agree with the other PS here. Dr. Tholen's response is spot on. 

You need to approach this decision with good information and have a real face to face consult with a PS who you trust. The pic you are aiming for does look HIGH profile. 

Please have another consultation with your PS or seek a second opinion. You need to be confident in your size decision and that your PS understands your goals clearly. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Great answers

+2

I don't have much to add as the surgeons here have already answered well.  I agree that you do not need a lift and would tell you that often the "high-profile" is thought by ladies to mean the height of the implant when in fact it reflects the "projection" of the implant.  

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Proper size for a DD

+2

Thanks for your question.  You do not need a lift first of all.  Second you have widely spaced nipples and this is just a trait related to the shape of your rib cage.  Your lateral ribs fall off quickly and this tends to turn your breast/nipple outwards.  The wider the distance between your nipples the wider the implant needs to be to make sure you have good close cleavage.  You will need to measure the maximum base width of your breast then select the implant type and size to match that.  It looks like you want to be a DD or bigger.  So generally selecting a HP implant will allow more volume for a maximum base width.  I'm going to estimate you will need a 700 cc HP silicone implant or larger for you to match the photo you chose.  If you go quite large not only will the cleavage will be closer the space on the lateral size needs to be made equally large to balance the look of the breast.  This may increase the chance of damaging the lateral nerves and result in more breast pain and loss of sensation.  Finally with larger implants you would have to wear a bra almost constantly to maintain good cleavage.  Since your lateral rib cage falls off quickly if you do not make much internal scar or capsule your larger breasts will tend to drift laterally over time and decrease the cleavage as the breasts falls.  The two women you show are both very small.  The first one is only around 114 lbs and she had an 800 cc the other girl has 650 cc.  If you weigh 145 then 800 cc  is about the largest you can go. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Lift and implants

+2
I do not think you need a lift but also believe that 550 cc is too large for you. Even with high profile, I don't think your chest width can accommodate such large implants and they will make the lateral pointing of your nipples even more obvious.

Robert L. Kraft, MD