Considering Having Some Fillers Under my Eyes, Any Suggestions? (photo)

I am 44 and would like to smooth out the area under my eyes. Not sure which filler would be best if any, or maybe laser or chemical treatment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dr. Bill

Under eye treatments usually consist of fillers, botox/dysport and chemical peels.

+1

Filling in the under eye troughs with either diluted radiesse($650) or Belotero($550  the newest hyaluronic acid filler which is smoother and less bumpy than restylane/juvederm) would be a great start and 3 TCA peels (35%TCA@$350 each) about 2-4 weeks apart. Botox/Dysport($300) would be added if you wrinkle alot around the eyes when you smile.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers Under the Eyes?

+1

Hi Dr. Bill.  In addition to fillers under the eyes, we would also recommend some cheek support.  The groove below the eye is accentuated because you have lost a lot of volume at the cheekbone.  

To help support the under eye area, we would start with Radiesse on the cheeks (probably 1.5 mL for each side) and then move to Restylane under the eyes (1 - 2 mL).  Both of these together should give you some nice improvement.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

"Fillers

+1

First, I think you would be a great candidate for filler in this area.  For a first time user, I'd suggest one of the hyaluronic acid fillers but I've heard of more discolouration with Juvederm in this area than the others.  Restylane or Perlane I think would be great options for you.  Good luck.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon