Hi, Can I Do the Tummytuck and Liposuction at the Same Time? If Not Which Should I Do First?

Hi, I'am 42 years, my high is 4.5 and 156 pounds. I have around belly since my 2 kids with c cection and I would like to do the tummytuck and liposuction. If I can't do both at the same time what should I do first?

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

Abdominoplasty and liposuction are often safely performed together. The lipoabdominoplasty procedure combines both to enhance the shape of the waist and hips. Extensive high volume  liposuction combined with other procedures may increase the risk of thromboembolic complications (PE, DVT). The ultimate decision about which combination of procedures to be performed depends on your physical appearance and treatment goals. 

Tummy Tuck or liposuction

+1

It is generally safe to perform a tummy tuck and liposuction at the same operation.  Some surgeons do not like to do them at the same time.  There is some increased risk of complications so you should discuss this with a plastic surgeon.  If the procedures are performed separately, either can be done first but there may be a reason to do one over the other depending on your body.  you would need an exam to be able to give you the best advice.  Good Luck!

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD

Tummy tuck and lipo

+1

I often do a tummy tuck with some liposuction at the same time. It all depends on what areas need lipo. Talk to a board certified plastic surgeon and explore the possibilities

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy tuck + lipo safe?

+1

It is hard to address your specific case without photographs. Liposuction of the abdomen combined with liposuction tends to be associated with more healing complications. Having said that, liposuction of areas near the abdomen, like in the waist, back and thigh can make your results look even better, and safely. If you want to lipo the abdomen and have tummy tuck, do the tummy tuck first. It is important that you are in good shape medically and are not smoking to do well, otherwise you have an increased risk of postoperative problems

Michele A. Shermak, MD

+1

I'm sorry but I do not understand your height. What exactly is a height of 4.5?

It is possible and common to combine liposuction and a tummytuck but you need to be at a good weight for your height. But if you are 4'5" tall or 4.5 feet tall (4'6") that puts you at a BMI over 35 and you would be much too heavy for either liposuction or tummy tuck.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD