Is Invisalign the Best Option for Me to Close my Spaces in my Teeth or is There Better? (photo)

To cut a long story short I tried Invisalign once (40U 20L) but the treatment failed (I did 10). After complaining for a list of reasons they offered for me to continue treatment and to try someone else but with a slight discount incentive. I am starting from new and due to the last time I am hesitant to do it all again and especially to pay out this time £500 for a clincheck just to see how many liners it would take. They have told me that it could even be more liners this time.

Invisalign second time around?

+2

Dear Enquirer, as an Invisalign Professional I can almost guarantee success, provided you wear the aligners.The Invisalign system would close your front gaps first and then move the back teeth forward, hence the increased number of aligners. If your gaps are closed quckly then you probably would not mind 30-35 aligners?If you are interested in similar cases with Forma then check out my gallery.

London Cosmetic Dentist

An orthodontic opinion

+2

Invisalign or Braces would fix your deep bite and help achieve a healthier tooth position of all your teeth in your bone. I wouldn't think about ortho treatment if your not willing to go through at least 2 yrs of treatment.

Your bite is so deep I'd be fearful that veneers would pop off or damage your lower teeth, but I haven't done any veneers in over 12 years, so I am not the expert there.

If you feel you teeth are smaller in size than you like you could do just veneers (if you find a doc you like who will do them) or a combo of Invisalign and veneers, which would help cut back on the orthodontic treatment time.

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist

Is invisalign the answer for my spaces

+2

Invisalign while certainly an option may not be the best one for you to choose.  One concern is that it appears that your upper teeth are too small for you arch size.  That is why you have spaces. You also have crowding on the bottom which can make invisalign more difficult.  One easier option would be to places veneers to close the upper spaces where you have more control over tooth size, shape and color and you do not have to worry about the spaces opening back up again after treatment.  Talk to another dentists about your options

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign or other options for spacing

+2

I suspect, with the number of trays you were diagnosed for in your first treatment, that there may be more issues then the spacing to be corrected.  How important other issues are is the concern and a thorough discussion with a dentist and an orthodontist in your case, where they can look in your mouth, would be very important.  Have them explain, to your understanding, what all the changes are that are proposed and what are the pros and cons of doing them or not.  Traditional orthodontics with bands and wires may be more predictable.  Porcelain veneers are also a possibility or a combination of therapies may be best.  Your tooth size may or may not be a factor to consider.  Get all the facts from reputable dentists and you'll be happier.

Scott LeSueur, DDS
Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Diagnose Your Problem First

+2

From the photos you sent, this appears to be an arch size, tooth size discrepancy which means that your upper teeth are too small for the size of your upper arch.  Therefore...the spaces!  In order to close the spaces orthodontically you would have to retract the lowers first to create room for the uppers to be retracted  .  The lower teeth already appear to be angled towards the tongue and are crowded so any further retraction would be near impossible without lower premolar extractions. Veneers may be your best solution but I would be concerned placing them on someone with such a deep overbite.  My best recommendation would be to consult with a good general/cosmetic dentist and coordinate with an orthodontist that does alot of adult orthodontics.  Together they should be able to work out a good treatment plan to solve your issues and give you the smile you want.

Good Luck!! 

Gary Nack, DDS
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain veneers may be a better options to close gaps

+2

If looking for the most predictable solution to the gaps issue, porcelain veneers would be the answer.  There would be no risk of the spaces opening back up and the cosmetic dentist would be able to control the size, shape and color.

Would Invisalign work in your case?  Probably, but there IS a risk that if not properly retained the spaces will open back up.  Compliance with retainers can be an issue.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign not always solution for gaps between teeth.

+2

Based on your photos, it appears that your teeth are too skinny for the amount of space in the arch.  You are much better off with veneers to close those spaces.  The result will be much more stable and predictable long-term.  Try to find a dentist who is experienced in evaluating your bite as well before initiating treatment.

Michael Firouzian, DDS
Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Should I try Invisalign again

+2

Invisalign is a great technique as long as you have the right problem, patient and doctor!..It sure looks like you have a problem that should be treatable.......the question is....why didn't it work the first time....wrong doctor, or was it your cooperation?....If it you did everything you should have then find a doc you can trust and go for it!

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist