Best Eye Bag Removal Method? (photo)

Hi, Can You Tell Me Which is Best for Eye Bag Removal? I Have Been Looking at Surgery, Fillers and Laser. Thank You.

Best eye bag removal

+1

Lower lid trasnconjunctival approach blepharoplasty is the best surgical treatment for lower eyelid bag removal.  Any skin tightening can be performed with a pinch technique at the same time or fractionated laser, later on down the road.  

Eyelid bag removal options

+1

For eyelid bag removal, transconjunctival surgery to remove the fat pads can be done.  This leaves no outside scar.  Fillers could then be used in the tear trough area to smooth things out if it is necessary.  Laser is not effective most of the time against fat pad types of eye bags.  However, it can be used to tighten the skin along with removal of the bags.  Each person has to be evaluated in the light of what the defects are, what the surgeon’s experience is, your budget, and what you wish to accomplish in the surgery.

James Carraway, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for lower eyelid bags

+1

I think the question is not what is the best method but, rather, what you hope to achieve.  If you want the definitive treatment and are wiling to have surgery, then this could provide a longterm solution.  If you are surgery averse, then Restylane in the lower lids/tear troughs can make an improvement, in terms of filling the cracks, so to speak, and Selphyl, which injects your own platelet/plasma into the area can work on rebuilding the foundation.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to explore the various available options.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Best eyel bag removal method

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos. There are several ways to address the lower lid, surgical and non surgical. The treatment depends not just on nature of the problem but also on what you want. It would not help you if decide on treatment without seeing you and addressing your hopes, concerns and desires.  My advice for you is to get a consultation and decide on what is best for you. Good luck.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Eye bags

+1

Sure, there are several options including the transconjuctival and transcutaneous approaches.  The external laser address the skin only and not the fat pads.  Fillers are just what they claim to be: Fillers.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Based on these photos, I might discourage you from surgery and recommend fillers instead.

+1

In the past 8 years, under eye Restylane to fill the under eye hollow has established itself as a method that surpasses what can be accomplished surgically.  You might need one or two milliliters of filler to smooth the lower eyelid/cheek interface.  It is reasonable to expect about a year of benefit but many patients have results that last two years.