I'm Unhappy With My Breast Size After Surgery. Will They Continue To Grow?

I had a breast lift with augmentation and ended up with a 36c, and I'm almost 1 month post op and unhappy. will i get bigger with the 400cc i received? 5'6, 160lbs.

Breast Size after Surgery?

+3

At this stage (is one month after surgery)  it is too early to evaluate the results of your procedure.

I have found that it is very difficult to predict whether the breasts will look smaller or larger as breast implants settle. One of the factors involved is swelling; as  swelling dissipates the breasts may appear smaller. On the other hand, as breast implants settle (“drop and fluff"),  the breasts may appear larger ( believe it or not).

I would suggest continued patience and follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Size after surgery

+2

It usually takes 6 weeks for most of the swelling to resolve and the breast shape to settle.  It can take up to 6 months.  Give it time and if you are still unhappy, discuss with your surgeon. Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Unhappy With Breast Size After

+2

It is still too early to tell your final results. Implants don't get "larger" with time. Implants are a device that don't change until they deflate or break. Based on your height and weight, I believe you'll be very happy with the final size.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Breast size will probably not increase over time

+2
You may still have some swelling and the implants need to settle. How you perceive the breast size after they settle is an open matter. However, I would not expect them to get bigger. 400 cc is an appropriate size for your weight and height. I would encourage you to wait at least six months and, if at that point, you are still dissatisfied with the size, implant exchange could be considered.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Size after breast implants

+2

At one month post-op you still probably have some swelling which will resolve over the next few months. This may or may not change your size although I think it is unlikely that you will increase in size. 440 cc implants are relatively large and it may not have been reasonable to have put in larger implants depending on your anatomy and skin envelope. Sometimes it is impossible to achieve a large change all at once and it is necessaary to stage the procedures and allow the skin to stretch out for a year or so before placing the larger implants. But, in the meantime, try not to get hung up on a size but try to look at the overall result.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Breast Size after Surgery

+1

At 1 month you may still have swelling and the implants may still be high if they were placed under the muscle.  Unfortunately, they will probably get a little bit smaller once they have settled and the swelling has diminished.  You need to give it more time and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  An implant exchange could possibly be done at 6 months postop. 

Stanley Castor, MD

Changes in breast volume following augmentation.

+1

An augmentation will add the volume of the implant plus swelling immediately after the surgery. This often leads patients to believe that their breasts are too large following the operation. After 3 months or so, the swelling resolves and the final breast volume is established. However, many patients like the larger size that accompanies the swelling and are unhappy when the breast size decreases. Unfortunately, the solution for this is to place larger implants as you will not see an increase in breast size without an overall increase in body weight.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size After Augmentation

+1

It is still rather early to make a determination about your final breast size and breast appearance.  I suspect you swelling is essentially gone but the look of your breasts may change as they settle during the next few months.  Also, your feeling about the size of your breasts may change as you get used to your results.  Give it some time and speak with your plastic surgeon about your concerns.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast will not grow one month after augmentation

+1

If you are unhappy with the breast size it seems unlikely that the breast will get larger or grow after a breast augmentation.

Breast cup after breast augmentation will it change

+1

The possibility of your breast cup size to grow after recent surgery is unlikely the reverse is true since the swelling is still there when it resolved your breast size will probably be even smaller.

If you did gain weight in the near future there is a possibility of increase in your breast size. you should discuss the issue with your surgeon.

Good Luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon