Smaller Implants After Breast Lift - Can I Have Another Benelli Lift?

I consulted with three plastic surgeons before I underwent a breast mastoplexy. Two told me that I needed a full lift, which would require the lollipop incision. The third told me that a benelli lift with implants would lift me. I chose the third because I get keloid scars. I had 525cc implants under the muscle, which brought me from a 36C to a 36DD. I'm thinking about going smaller (w/smaller implants), to a D or C cup. Can I have the Benelli lift again or will I require something more?

Repeat Circumareola Mastopexy?

+1

The type of breast lifting that you will benefit from will depend largely on physical examination;  pictures would be helpful as well. Assuming you are a candidate, repeat circumareola mastopexy can be done.

Repeating a Benelli breast lift (minimal scar mastopexy) with downsizing of implant

+1

A Benelli lift can be repeated but it it may be associated with a higher risk of losing nipple sensation.

Benellis lift redo?

+1

If you had a Benelli lift or a circumareola lift and an implant and want to go a bit smaller you may be a candidate but it would be hard to say without an exam.  You may need a small vertical closure if it is not enough.

Another Benelli?

+1

I think it's a mistake to ask too much of a Benelli lift.  It you expect the Benelli to tighten the breast, lift the nipple and reduce the areola diameter, you can end up with nasty scars and a really weird shaped breast. 

The vertical component of a full lift usually heals very nicely.  I've not had any true keloids in this area although it is possible.  I'd have your surgeon look at your keloids.  They just may be hypertropic scars and not true keloids.  It's more likely to have a nasty scar around your nipple if the closure is too tight than a nasty vertical scar from a normal tension vertical lift.

Beware the overworked Benelli!  I have learned the hard way.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Going with smaller implants may require another lift.

+1

Whether or not you can have another limited incision breast lift after exchanging your implants for smaller ones really depends on the quality of your skin and your current nipple position.  Is your nipple position good now?  Is your skin fairly elastic?  Are you going a little smaller or a lot smaller?  These are considerations that your plastic surgeon will make when he or she examines you, and decides whether you will need another lift, and what type lift is appropriate to give you the best result.  A limited incision technique is great but not at the expense of shape, and similarly, a nice longer scar is better than an ugly short scar.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon