Lipo On Lower Cheek and Jawline is Too Thin Now?

I am 28 years old and I did a lower cheek liposuction and the surgeon took too much fat from my jawline line and now my jawline look very thin. I am considering fat transfer to my jawline to correct this problem....is this my best option? And what is the success rate of fat transfer? And who is the surgeon for fat transfer in Montreal Canada? I just want a little more volume on my jaw line.

Jawline Thin after Liposuction and Treatment

+1

An exam would provide the most information here, but fat grafting or fillers to this area may not be unreasonable.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Options If Too Much Liposuction on Face

+1

Thank you for your question. Fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse can fill in volume loss on face immediately.  You can definitely do fat transfer that may last longer. I would recommend discussing all of your options after an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon.  I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Too much cheek liposuction

+1
My first question would be why you thought you needed liposuction of the cheeks. Fat transfer has its own risks and issues with differential absorption. I agree that some facial filler may be the simplest way to address this complication.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Overzealous Liposuctioning on the Face

+1

Sorry to hear about your postoperative results. Fortunately, you have several options for improvement of the contour irregularities along your face. 

1. A temporary solution would be to inject a filler. There are several popular fillers out on the market now that offers an less expensive option for your reconstructive needs. Juvederm and Restylane will last anywhere from 9 to 12 months. Radiesse can last over 1  year. If your defect is relatively small, sometimes as collagen replaces the fillers, you may be lucky and have a potential for a permanent fix.

2. Autologous Fat Transfer is a natural and permanent solution to restore the "normal" contour of your jawline. However, fat transfer can be a bit unpredictable with regard to how much fat survives after grafting. In general, I tell my patients that about 50% of the fat that I will place in the face will survive the transfer. Usually, the fat that has survived after 4 months from the time of the procedure will be permanent.

Unfortunately, I do not know any Plastic Surgeons in Montreal who can help you with your situation.

Thank you for your question and best of luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD