Minimal Results After Fraxel and Matrix Treatments on Acne Scars

I’m south Asian with a medium complex in my 30’s. I have acne scars and marks on my cheeks. I started fraxel laser several months ago and have completed at least 10 treatments however sees not much of a difference. Recently I started the matrix laser because I have been hearing that it is better than the fraxel. Ihave done 3 matrix treatments however sees minimal difference…should I continue or is there some other option for me?pls help...i'm desperate!!!!!

Always find a treatment depending on your scar type

+1
Fraxel and ematrix are excellent ''all rounders'' for acne scar treatment, but NOT the ideal or focused treatment for every scar type. Always find a treatment for your scar type ie. are they ice pick acne scars, atrophic, box car, rolling, tethered? Never the other way around. 

Find someone that has experience in assessing acne scars, and they will pick a treatment for you. That is the best advice I can give you.

Regards

Dr Davin Lim
Acne scar specialist
Brisbane and Gold Coast
Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist