34HH. 405g Removed. What Size Will I Be?

i am 5foot 2 inches and i weigh 156lbs i have had very big breast for many years and i would like to know what size would i be if 405 grams are taken off i am in a 34 hh cup and my back and neck hurt all the time plus i am getting headaches from it also. thank you for your time.

Benefits from breast reduction

+3

Given the information you provided, it sounds like you are an excellent candidate for breast reduction.  A breast reduction is the only known effective treatment for breast hypertrophy with the symptoms you describe (symptomatic macromastia).  In general, bra sizes can be misleading as there is little or no standardization across styles and manufacturers.  After seeing your board certified plastic surgeon, the insurance companies usually require an estimate of the amount to be reduced to determine if their (the insurance company's) criteria for medical necessity are met.  The number of 405g sounds very specific.  Usually estimates are given in a range of 100 grams or more.  It is difficult to determine the exact size a patient will be postoperatively, but usually a reasonable estimate can be given.  The estimate is based not only on the amount of tissue removed, but also on the relationship between a patient's height and weight and the bony shape of their thorax. In your case, if you were to achieve a c cup, that likely would improve your symptoms. If you are asking if you should have 405cc implants removed, then that is a different discussion.  I hope this is helpful. 

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

It is difficult to give you a "cup size" if  405 grams are removed. I would like to examine you first and discuss your options.  It does sound like you are a good candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery.  

Ideally, you find a board certified plastic surgeon with whom you are comfortable and have a discussion as to your "goals" for after surgery.   I ask my patients to bring in photos of their "goal size" because a "D cup" may mean something different to you than it does to me.  Photos are a great way to communicate your goals with your surgeon.

Best Wishes!

Breast reduction

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what a 400-500 gm reduction would mena to you in terms of final size.  It will probably drop you two cup sizes maybe more.

Big breast reductions

+1

You sound like you have very large breasts on a relatively small woman. I am sure this has been very difficult for you. A breast reduction is designed to give you the size breasts that you want. To determine what size would be best suited to you I would need to evaluate you in person. Your height, weight, age, number of children; if you breast fed, the size of your areola, and the amount of droopiness you have all go into making a decision as to what size you would like to be. Obviously you will want to chose a size that fits your life style.  Taking off 405 grams is the same as taking off approximately 1 pound. Your breasts at HH are upwards of 3-5 pounds. You will be able to chose just about any size breast you would like.

Jon Sattler, MD
Glendora Plastic Surgeon