I am a 26yo, 6ft tall male, lost 70lbs as a kid, and I'm fit and healthy. Should I fix my skin? (Photo)

When I was 16, I went from (not) to very active. 250-180lb by 18. Meds made me gain 28lb at 20.5. Only got rid of it at 23. Otherwise I've been fit 9 yrs. I had skin issues at 18... despite clean diet and major strength & cardio ex. Tried to add muscle and burn fat. I went 179-188lb, "bulking" last yr. Bod pod: 20-22% at 186. I went down to 172 LEANEST EVER ~14.5%. I am 175. I will "cut" to 165 (10%) and stay (10,13%] 4ever. Need I wait 6mo after I am LEAN or can I get it done this yr?

I am a 26yo, 6ft tall male, lost 70lbs as a kid, and I'm fit and healthy. Should I fix my skin?

+2
Congratulations on your fantastic accomplishment. You appear to be in great shape and losing a few more pounds or a few percentage points of body fat will not make a significant difference in your surgical outcome. By your photos it appears that resection of the redundant skin of your abdomen will give you the tightness you are desiring if it is bothering YOU! Only you can decide if it is enough of an issue to pursue resection of this extra skin.

If I had made the commitment and the results you have, I would complete the process and rock it as you have the core muscle and dedication to maintain your admirable physique. Great job and good luck. 

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

+2
I think a tummy tuck is appropriate given your pictures at this time.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy tuck

+2
You have sufficient loose skin to justify a tummy tuck. I think that you can have it done this year.  You must not be malnourished from extreme dieting before you have the tummy tuck. Be sure you understand that you will have permanent scars and that you will be OK with them

John J. Bandeian, MD
Bristol Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

Your body will definitely benefit by having a mini tummy tuck. this will help you with the skin laxity.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Should I fix my skin?

+1
You've done a great job, to the extent you can. The loose skin can only be corrected by a surgical removal. This will leave a long but low scar that should be hidden by underwear or swimwear. There will also be a thin scar around the bellybutton. It's a good idea to wear your swim trunks when the surgeon is marking you so he knows at what level he needs to make the scar. You are ready for this any time. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Fit and healthy, should i fix my skin?

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Congrats on the weight loss! You look to be in great shape, but with the significant weight loss you are left with excess skin. The only way to get rid of it is to excise it with surgery. No exercise will prevent it from hanging/saggin. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD