I'm 21 Years Old, 5'9, 140lbs. I Just Had Breast Implants and I Feel Small?

So pre-op I was 34-36A. I went with 520cc. I was hoping to end up with full c's or small d's. It's only been two days but my breasts look very far apart and feel very small and pointy I feel like they look like b's. I'm just wondering if this is normal and if my breasts will fall closer together and look more circular. I feel very self conscious about them right now but some of my friends say to wait it out and they will turn out just how I wanted. What do you think?

Early shape problems following a breast augmentation

+2

When the implants are placed below the muscle there will be some degree of flattening out of the implant.  Muscle tightness and spasm will push the implant down and out.  Give it more time and follow your plastic surgeon's advice.  A 520 cc implant should take you up at least 2 - 3 cup sizes.  So just give it a chance.  

Feeling too small after breast augmentation

+2

Your surgeon and friends are right and you should give things more time to come together. The implant you are wearing will settle and center in the breast and can take several months to work in.

Breast size after augmentation

+2

Dear SavannaMarie.  Without pictures, it's hard to assess, but by what you're describing, it sounds like you had implants placed under the pectoral muscle and they're riding high.  This is normal and when they drop over the next few months, they will look much better and give you more projection. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thanks for the question. It is early in your healing to determine if your implants are what you want. Your comments, however, are very common.Give yourself a few months to heal from your surgery. You may change your mind. Thomas Narsete, M.D.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Breasts too Small after Augmentation

+1

Without knowing more information and seeing pictures, specific answers are not possible. One important factor is your breast base width (BBW) which is a measurement of how wide your breasts are before surgery. The BBW helps determine proper implant selection. I would expect someone with a 34 /36 A cup to have about a C cup after placing 520cc implants. 

Since it is only 2 days after surgery, give it some time (4 to 6 weeks) before judging the result. In most cases, it takes about 3 to 6 months for everything to settle.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

+1

Despite your verbal description, the surgeon's on this site will have trouble determining what is going on without current photos, preferably along with pre-op photos. 

It is hard to imagine that you wouldn't get at least a two cup size increase with implants of the size you have. If your breasts were widely spaced before surgery, they will be widely spaced after surgery. 

Please consider posting some photos. All the best. 

Breast augmentation early post-op

+1

You are too soon post-op to worry too much about the final shape. They are probably maximally swollen and high. Give them time to settle down.