Im Just a 16 Year Old Teenager but my Breast Size is Huge?

My breasts have become really big and i dont know what to do about it. Im too young to have a large size even my mom has smalller size than mine. I feel embarassed because i hate thos comments boys pass on my chest size. Please tell me any exersise or anything that would help me reduce all that bulk on my chest. I also get back pain often.

+1

This is a common problem in teenage girls.  The complaints of back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, and feelings of embarrassment accompanied by teasing from peers is common as well with this condition. There are no exercises or medications that can help this problem.  The best solution is to undergo a bilateral breast reduction by a board certified Plastic Surgeon.  This procedure will remove the excess breast tissue along with skin and relieve the physical symptoms. The psychological items will vanish as well.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction for a young patient

+1

Hi

This is unfortunately relatively common and there is no exercise or medicine that can reduce the size/volume of breast gland tissue. If one has a weight problem, weight loss may help to certain extent, but again will not shrink the actual breast gland tissue.

A breast reduction surgery, though not to be decided on lightly in a 16 year old, may be the only true solution. If you are still growing (getting taller), it may be prudent to wait for your growth to complete before going for surgery.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction for 16 Year Old?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your disproportionately large breasts are causing you. 

It sounds like  you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for the frame causing  both physical and psychological distress. 

There are no exercises that will specifically decrease the “bulk on your chest”.  Breast reduction surgery may be an option for you.

As  you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understands that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).
On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).
Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.
Make sure you seek consultation with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Breast reduction?

+1

There are no exercises per se that will reduce the size of the breasts.  If you are overweight and your breasts are fatty, then sure weight loss may reduce them. If you want a breast reduction you will have to get your parents' consent to see a surgeon.  Good luck.

Large teenage breasts are difficult

+1

Thanks for your question. This is a tough problem and I'm sorry if you are embarassed. I have had many girls like you that are bigger than their mothers so that part is not uncommon. Since girls' breasts can continue to develop, we are often reluctant to do any surgery as a teen. Most of the time we will wait until a person is 18 and there is no change in size over a year or two. There are rare exceptions where a person is so big that we might do it earlier if it compromises their daily activities. This is done with the understanding that there can be growth after the surgery and that another one might be necessary. I hope this helps.

M. Scott Haydon, MD