Repairing Umbilical Hernia and Separated Abdominal Muscles

After 5 children I have a herniated umbilical and separated abdominal muscles. I've been reading about correcting the issues with cosmetic surgery (and throwing in a tummy tuck for good measure!!). I am concerned about possible problems after the procedure if I were to get pregnant again. Is there anything I should be concerned about?

A Full Tummy Tuck is THE Answer for repairing Split Muscles and getting your Before Babies Body Back

+2
A Full Tummy Tuck wlll flatten your tummy by bringing the split Rectus tummy muscles back together again. In the process a well trained Plastic surgeon can also repair an umbilical hernia. The operation would give you a flat tummy, narrower waist with more of an hourglass figure and depending on the Tummy Tuck technique, smoother, cellulite free upper thighs. However, there is no point in having this surgery if you will get pregnant. All this achievements could be then lost. It's best to wait until you are done having children. Ho

Don't have tummy tuck if planning on becoming pregnant in the next several years.

+1

Don't have tummy tuck if planning on becoming pregnant in the next several years. It oculd nean you would have to repeat the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

We do both

+1

The tummy tuck involves getting rid of the excess skin. While we are there, we tighten the abdominal muscles and usually that helps correct the umbilical hernia. If you get pregnant again, you will ruin a good surgical operation. Best to have the tuck when you are done with having kids.

Repairing hernias at the time of tummy tuck

+1

Yes, I routinely repair umbilical and ventral hernias at the same time as tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).  If you are considering having more children in the near future, however, then I would suggest holding off on surgery until you are done having children.  Most plastic surgeons that are both board certified in general surgery and plastic surgeon would be very comfortable performing the hernia repair and the abdominoplasty at the same time.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com