Herniated Breast Implant. Can I Continue to Do These Activities?

I had profilactic mastectomy 2 years ago with gummy bears implant. 2 days ago I woke up with a bulge in my left breast. I went to the doctor and he said that the fibrous capsule of the implant broke and the implant herniated. Can I run anymore? Can I lift weights? Can I sleep on my implant? Should I wear a tight bra like a sport bra? Is it possible that all implant will come out? Are these hernias repairing by themselves like other hernias? What can happen next? Thank you very much,

+1

I would maintain you normal lifestyle, and review corrective options, which will be surgical, with your surgeon. All the best. 

Hello

+1

If you’re not in any discomfort you should be able to continue your normal life. This kind of hernia is only able to be repaired via surgery. You should look into having your implants removed and replaced and the hernia fixed.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS