Hernia-like pain 8 days after full TT w/ hernia repair, typical?

I am 8 DPO from having a full TT w/ both muscle and hernia repair. I got my drains out today and I've started having pains in my abdomen very similar to the pain from the hernia. I did have a more active day today so it is possible this is typical recovery pain? I'm worried the hernia repair didn't work.

Pain might be normal after hernia/tummytuck, but you should let your surgeon know

+1
your remark about a "more active" day makes me wonder if perhaps you overdid it a bit, but you should definitely let your surgeon know and he/she might want to see you. probably is normal postop pain, but need to err on the side of caution and not take any chances. please give your surgeon a call promptly and hope you will feel much better soon !

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Hernia concerns after tummy tuck with hernia repair

+1
  • You should call your surgeon and be examined,
  • The pain can be normal muscle pain from tummy tuck healing
  • But it is impossible to say without being examined. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD