Have Hernia in Stomach No Stomach Wall or Muscle Can You Help? (photo)

I am 60 yrs old female, several surgeries 2 hernias, hysterectomy gall bladder have a hernia now 27 inches long 21 inches deep everyone including the doctor who did my last hernia says i need a team of doctors but getting turned down on all can u help? Also I have paper thin skin wall they say and no stomach muscle they say. They did a skin graph last time on me from me .I weigh about 140 pounds as of today. Please help me...

Massive Hernia and Tummy Tuck

+1

I would call the nearest major university hospital in your area.  You need a very large team to tackle this.  Here in Dallas I would recommend UT Southwestern.  Good luck.

This is a problem that's quite complex

+1

It looks like you have multiple areas of hernia or week abdominal wall musculature. These require transposing muscle flaps as well as using grafts such as acellular dermal matrix grafts. I would contact a major medical center in your area and explain your situation so that you can be directed to the proper clinic

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Hernia

+1

Yes you do have a complicated problem. I would continue looking for a team or surgeon who can help you. Try the larger medical centers in your city.This can be fixed

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Abdominal surgery

+1

You certainly do have a very difficult problem to correct. There are surgeons who specialize in complex abdominal wall reconstruction. Hopefully one of the surgeons answering this question can give you a referral in your area. It's a case that will require both a general as well as a plastic surgeon. Very tough case, but Definitely correctable. You just need to find the right team. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Have Hernia in Stomach No Stomach Wall or Muscle Can You Help?

+1

Yes best for you to be see by a team of reconstructive, general surgeons to correct your significant ventral incisional hernia. In Houston there are 2 Plastic surgery departments that you ca seek appointments at: UT Houston-Dr D. Parks 713-500-7181, Baylor U. - Dr s. multiple choices 713-798-6141 

Large recurrent hernia

+1

Thankd for your inquiry and your heartfelt plea for help.  I see some information here that maybe you live in the Houston area.  I would try to get a consultation at one of the excellent departments of surgery and plastic surgery you would find at the two medical schools UT Houston or Baylor in town.  You absolutely will need a combined approach, good luck, Dr Rumalla

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Difficult large hernia

+1

Thank you for submitting your question and photo. I'm very sorry for all that you have been through. You have a very difficult situation and would benefit from a team as you have been told. I would agree with other surgeons who have suggested going to a medical center. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Hernia

+1

Get an appointment in the surgery department of a nearby university medical center. Most will have a hernia expert who would be able to assemble whatever team would be necessary to make an evaluation and treatment plan. Their recommendation will take into account the risks and benefits. You want that based on a good deal of expertice and experience. 

Large abdominal hernia.

+1

Thank you for your question. I can tell that you have really been through some rough times. You have a large problem that will require a team approach- both General Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons will need to work together.  If you live in a city that has a medical school or hospitals that train surgical residents you might consider consulting with the attending staff there. Other wise you should have your primary care physician help you to find the proper experts. Best wishes to to!

William H. Gorman, MD

Complex Hernia

+1

Sorry, to hear about your hernia and not being able to find help. Perhaps if you posted your location, we could offer some local surgeons or medical centers that deal with hernias like yours for a 2nd opinion.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS