How soon can I sit on Brazilian Butt Lift?

i just had Brazilian butt lift and i set on my butt withing my 5th day... is that going to make my butt flat?

How soon can you sit after buttock augmentation

You should avoid sitting on your buttock for about two weeks after a fat transfer to the buttock (Brazilian buttock lift).  This will help prevent direct pressure on the delicate fat cells, which could cause them to atrophy and shrink.  You can modify your sitting by using pillows/cushions which are placed under the back of your thighs, to take the weight off of your buttock area. You should also sleep on your side or on your stomach for the first few weeks.

Positioning after this procedure is important if you want to have maximal results.

Please discuss this issue further with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Bruno

Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift.

It has generally been said that you should avoid sitting on the Brazilian Butt lift injected area for two weeks after the surgery. The concern is that you may place undue pressure on the delicate grafts thereby killing them. However, the truth is that you sit on your ischial spines and not on your fat grafts which are more likely located on the upper buttock. It is probably more important to avoid placing direct pressure by laying down on your buttocks.

How soon can I sit on Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. I would not recommend prolonged sitting for at least 2 weeks after surgery. My patients use the boppy pillow/booty buddy for 2-3 weeks. Sit upright when going to the bathroom. Review with your Surgeons your post op instructions and follow his recommendations. Best wishes

When Can I sit after my Brazilian Butt Lift?

The Brazilian Butt Lift utilizes your own natural fat for the augmentation. One of the keys of the fat transfer is that it is incorporated and becomes your fat just in a better place!

The key is how do we maximize the amount of fat that is going “take” or survive for the augmentation. One of the things that can help increase the amount of fat that stays after the transfer is preventing any trauma to the buttock area, that includes sitting. The pressure of sitting can be harmful to the fat for the first couple of weeks after the transfer.

I typically have patients avoid sitting for two weeks after the surgery. They can walk and sleep on their belly, just no sitting. After the first two weeks they can sit for an hour with a 10 minute break in between sitting sessions. After six weeks they can return to all of their normal routines.

There are special pillows that patients can purchase that avoids any pressure on the buttock in the post-operative period so that they can sit at work and still protect their fat transfer procedure.

I hope this helps, be sure to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Should wait for at least 2 weeks after surgery

The best person to ask about this is your surgeon, as every surgeon has their own advice. Generally, I recommend that patients don't sit for at least 2 weeks after surgery. Sitting can damage the fat that has been transferred. If you have to sit, do so for very short period of times and alter your position so you don't put too much pressure in one area for too long.

How soon can I sit after a Brazilian butt lift?

The Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective technique that can improve the contour of your bottom and create a beautiful result. It is a combination of procedures that consists of aggressive liposuction of the abdomen hips and waist and lower back, separation and processing of the fat that has been collected, and strategic grafting to the gluteal area.

Patients who are undergoing this procedure should understand that there is a significant healing process. Patients will experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort for several weeks. During the first 2 to 3 weeks after the surgery, we inform the patients that it is essential to minimize any pressure to the area where the fat has been grafted. We always recommend that the patient's sleep on their sides or preferably on their stomach for the first 23 weeks after the surgery. We also ask that the patients used a circular air cushion when seated during this process. By taking care of the areas that have received the fat grafts, and using the compression garments that we provide to the patients, they can successfully achieve their desired results.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Prolonged sitting following brazilian buttock augmentation

I concur with most of my colleagues here. Immediately following your buttock augmentation procedure, I generally do not recommend prolonged sitting for approx. 2-3 weeks. Prolonged continuous pressure on an augmented buttock immediately after fat grafting could affect your results. 

The first few weeks, sitting is limited...

It’s important to realize that fat cells are very fragile in the immediate post-operative period. This situation doesn’t improve until these fat cells have re-established blood supply with the surrounding tissue.In most cases this takes about two weeks to occur.At this point fat cells become less sensitive to the effects of pressure and are less likely to be damaged by sitting or lying on the buttocks.
For these reasons, we limit sitting or lying on the buttocks to one hour intervals for the first two weeks following surgery.This routine places obvious limitations on physical activity for post-operative patients.Unfortunately, failure to comply with this recommendation can result in fat cell death from pressure. This can result in the flattening and contour irregularity that you’re concerned about.
In this particular case, the length of sitting was probably not enough to cause significant damage. If you’re concerned about possible damage to your result from sitting, consultation with your plastic surgeon is appropriate.Your plastic surgeon should be able to clarify this issue.

Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift

I do not recommend placing direct pressure on the areas where fat was transferred for several weeks.  Pressure may affect the shape and the amount of fat that survives.  Check with your surgeon.

Dennis Dass, MD