How soon can I sit on Brazilian Butt Lift?

i just had Brazilian butt lift and i set on my butt withing my 5th day... is that going to make my butt flat?

Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift.

It has generally been said that you should avoid sitting on the Brazilian Butt lift injected area for two weeks after the surgery. The concern is that you may place undue pressure on the delicate grafts thereby killing them. However, the truth is that you sit on your ischial spines and not on your fat grafts which are more likely located on the upper buttock. It is probably more important to avoid placing direct pressure by laying down on your buttocks.

The first few weeks, sitting is limited...

It’s important to realize that fat cells are very fragile in the immediate post-operative period. This situation doesn’t improve until these fat cells have re-established blood supply with the surrounding tissue.In most cases this takes about two weeks to occur.At this point fat cells become less sensitive to the effects of pressure and are less likely to be damaged by sitting or lying on the buttocks.
For these reasons, we limit sitting or lying on the buttocks to one hour intervals for the first two weeks following surgery.This routine places obvious limitations on physical activity for post-operative patients.Unfortunately, failure to comply with this recommendation can result in fat cell death from pressure. This can result in the flattening and contour irregularity that you’re concerned about.
In this particular case, the length of sitting was probably not enough to cause significant damage. If you’re concerned about possible damage to your result from sitting, consultation with your plastic surgeon is appropriate.Your plastic surgeon should be able to clarify this issue.

Should wait for at least 2 weeks after surgery

The best person to ask about this is your surgeon, as every surgeon has their own advice. Generally, I recommend that patients don't sit for at least 2 weeks after surgery. Sitting can damage the fat that has been transferred. If you have to sit, do so for very short period of times and alter your position so you don't put too much pressure in one area for too long.

Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift

I do not recommend placing direct pressure on the areas where fat was transferred for several weeks.  Pressure may affect the shape and the amount of fat that survives.  Check with your surgeon.

Dennis Dass, MD

Prolonged sitting following brazilian buttock augmentation

I concur with most of my colleagues here. Immediately following your buttock augmentation procedure, I generally do not recommend prolonged sitting for approx. 2-3 weeks. Prolonged continuous pressure on an augmented buttock immediately after fat grafting could affect your results. 

How soon can you sit after buttock augmentation

You should avoid sitting on your buttock for about two weeks after a fat transfer to the buttock (Brazilian buttock lift).  This will help prevent direct pressure on the delicate fat cells, which could cause them to atrophy and shrink.  You can modify your sitting by using pillows/cushions which are placed under the back of your thighs, to take the weight off of your buttock area. You should also sleep on your side or on your stomach for the first few weeks.

Positioning after this procedure is important if you want to have maximal results.

Please discuss this issue further with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD