Is One Month Post Sculptra Treatment Too Soon for Restylane Under Eye Treatment? (photo)

I am a 30 year old woman with a relatively thinned out face. One month ago, I had 2 vials of Sculptra to help with general fullness, but I'm concerned my undereye area will not get the proper fullness I desire. Is it too soon to proceed with Restalyne for my under eye hollows? Should I wait to see how the Sculptra fills in? So far, I really don't see anything from the Sculptra so I am a little disappointed, but I understand it takes time to work.

Sculptra for face and Restylane for under eyes

+2

I assume that Sculptra was not injected under your eyes.

It is no longer used in that area.

If indeed no Sculptra was injected under your eyes, there is nothing wrong with having now Restylane injected under your eyes (Tear trough, under the muscle).

However, I would wait a few more weeks/months to see the final effect of the Sculptra on the rest of your face in order to effectively integrate the effects of the Restylane (under eyes) with that of the Sculptra (face).

Chicago Dermatologist

Sculptra and Restylane Timing of Treatment

+1

Sculptra typically takes 6 to 8 weeks to work so it would be recommended to wait for its results.  If the Restylane is to be injected in an area different than Sculptra then its ok to proceed with Restylane treatment.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra for general volume and hyaluronic acid filler for under eyes

+1

Sculptra and hyaluronic acid are great partners for facial rejuvenation. However, Sculptra should never be injected under the eyes in the "tear trough" area. I routinely will get a patient started with the process of general facial volume improvement with their Sculptra series, and proceed with under eye improvement with a hyaluronic acid filler, such as Restylane or Belotero. 

A skilled physician can help you with the appropriate timing of the sessions of Sculptra and the tear trough area hyaluronic acid placement. You don't necessarily need to wait for the effects of the Sculptra to get started with the filler.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and Sculptra

+1

Sculptra should not be injected into the tear trough area.  It can take 6 to 8 weeks to see the effects of your Sculptra treatment and you may require 3 or more Sculptra sessions, 6 to 8 weeks apart.  You can have a small amount of Restylane injected into your tear trough area at any time.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Sculptra

+1

I do not recommend Sculptra under the eye area.  Instead, Restylane or Juvederm would be a better treatment option to give a nice correction to the under eye area. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Tear troughs and undereye area need Restylane, not Sculptra to improve

+1

When you have concerns which are close to the eye, you can't use Sculptra to correct.  You can get nodules if you do this.  Restylane is great to improve this and can be done at this time.  You can get the two treatments simultaneously as well.  The results from Sculptra take 6 weeks to see.  I also notice that the first session leads to only minor changes, and it's the second and third sessions which result in the wow factor with Sculptra.  A recent study showed that getting even more treatment sessions, 4 or 5, leads to even greater patient satisfaction.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Restylane after Sculptra

+1

Did you have the Sculptra injected into the lower eyelid area or the cheeks?  Personally, I do not inject Sculptra into the lower eyelid area as the skin is very thin there and problems can arise.  If you did not have the Sculptra injected directly into the lower eyelid area, it would be fine to have the Restylane injection there now.  If you did have the Sculptra injected into the lower eyelid area, then the final result could take another month to see.  I would discuss your concern with your treating physician, as he or she may have a different opinion.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon