Are There Any Herbal Remedies to Tighten Loose Vaginal Muscles?

I have five children,four of them normal deliveries.In two of those deliveries,the doctor said there was 'no need' for stitches,but that negligence later resulted in loose vaginal muscles and a marked lack of pleasure during penetration while having intercourse.Please advise.

Herbal Remedies

+1

Hi 6463silvy,

I am unaware of any herbal of non-surgical techniques that will accomplish what I think you want.  There are, of course, many exercises of internal muscles that can help with tightening this area but that may not provide the result I think you'll need, which would most likely need to be achieved surgically.  You'll need a consult with a board-certified surgeon to assess your anatomy and to offer some suggestions as to how to address these issues.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Herbal remedies to tighten loose vaginal muscles

+1

Hi 6463silvy, I am not aware of any herbal remedies, topical medicines or medications that can be taken to tighten loose vaginal muscles. I would doubt the effectiveness of any medication that claims to produce this effect.

Jill Tomlinson, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Loose vaginal muscles following multiple pregnancies

+1

I would not necessarily label this treatment as negligent. If you sustained a second, third or fourth degree tear, you may require a perineoplasty and/or vaginoplasty to restore the integrity of the posterior vaginal wall as well as decrease the lumen of the vaginal introitus. You may want to try Kegel exercises to improve muscle tone or you may want to consider a vaginoplasty procedure. I am not aware of any herbal remedies that truly enhance vaginal muscle tone.