I'm so unsure about the size. My doctor wants to use 360cc in my left breast and 420cc in the right. (Photo)

age: 31 - 142 lbs (64 kg) - 5'7'' (170 cm) - cup: 32/34 C - under breast: 73-74 cm. My doc wants to use 360cc left breast & 420cc right,cause they are different & we want to do it symmetrical & tight without a breast lift.(use a moderate,will be under the muscle with dual plane) I'm not sure if that will be too much or too less.called her today & said I'm unsure if it will be too less,she said that she will be ordered also a 475cc.Maybe someone looks similar to me or has pics how it will look like with the different sizes or what is best for me. ????????? so lost ????????

Asymmetric breasts

+2
It will be difficult to achieve good symmetry with implants alone.  You really need a lift with implants.  I don't think different sizes will compensate for the fact that your left breast is quite a bit lower than your right one.  If you choose not to have a lift, that's okay, just gear in mind that you will still have considerable asymmetry trying to correct the problem solely by using different size implants.

Worried about size

+1
You sound very anxious about this decision - so I suggest you return to your surgeon's office to discuss the pros and cons of different size implants and try on sizers with the two different volumes. This is a decision that you need to make with the surgeon who will operate on you. Tell her exactly what you have told us. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

I'm so unsure about the size. My doctor wants to use 360cc in my left breast and 420cc in the right.

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.   You demonstrate your concerns nicely with the photographs.  Prior to proceeding with surgery, it will be important for you to consider whether you will be happy with  the results of breast augmentation alone; in other words,  you will need to consider whether you'll be happy with the outcome of breast  augmentation surgery which will essentially be a larger version of what you are “starting with”. I would be concerned that some degree of breast lifting may be necessary at some point to achieve the outcome you will be happy with long-term.  In regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you  with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately,  careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. Given your concerns, I would suggest that you spend additional time with your plastic surgeon;  ask the same question of him/her regarding the use of ultra-high-profile implants  and the greater projection that results from the use of these breast implants.

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers, viewing the patient's breasts in the upright and supine position, are very helpful during the breast implant selection process.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Unsure about the size for asymmetric breasts?

+1
The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing suit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 C and a 38 C are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you discuss this further with your plastic surgeon who should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your specific concerns with that surgeon in person and what is realistic without having a lift.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Different sizes and shapes

+1
I do think you have some asymmetries in size from left to right, and I do agree that different size implant will assist in getting them closer in terms of size. The issue though is one of what the shape will be like. I think doing what has been suggested is a reasonable step, but I think you need to be prepared for a lift of some kind in the future or be willing t live with some shape differences after the surgery. The reason I say that is because the implant alone will not change the dimension of your native breast tissue nor will it change nipple location. I do think you will be closer in appearance in a bra, but likely a little less o when you are undressed. In short, better, yes, even side to side with an implant alone, likely not, but all women are different to some degree from left to right.

Julio Garcia, MD

+1
Those implants are quite adequate for a patient with your anatomy. You have a lot of natural breast tissue and will do fine.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

C cup

+1
My concern is not the attempt to correct the asymetry , but the end cup size you want to obtain. It would be very difficult to determine the implant size needed over the Internet. Best wishes , Dr. Alan Weiss

Alan Weiss, MD

Choosing breast implants

+1
Choosing breast implants is a dynamic process that involves identifying your goals and seeing what can be safely accommodated by your body. It is hard to tell you if those sizes are appropriate without an exam. Communicate clearly with your surgeon and ask as many questions as possible to make sure you all see eye to eye. Good luck 

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon