My areola are larger than average. Do I have tubular breast? (photos)

I've always known my areolas were larger than average but have recently discovered tubular breast .. do I have this deformity or are my breast just sagging / large areola ?

Tubular breasts

+1
Your breasts are mildly tubular, but mainly they are ptotic, which is a fancy name for droopy.  They can be improved and the areolae reduced, but there is considerable scarring which you may not feel is worthwhile if you are young and haven't had children yet.

Not classic tuberous breasts

+1
You might like the look of a smaller areola and improved shape with a lollipop lift. I would say a perky B cup. You could add an implant if  larger size desired. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

My areola are larger than average. Do I have tubular breast?

+1
  This is a continuum as far as breast shape goes.  A breast lift could help address the shape, droop, and larger areolae.

Large areolas with saggy breasts

+1
Dear Sop,
     Thanks for submitting you pictures.  You appear to have large areolas with moderate saggyness-  level 1-2. In my opinion you have a normal variant of breast and not tuberous breasts. In any event, the procedure to correct your condition, as it may be defined, is a mini lift surgery ( donut, circum areola etc ) . This will reduce your areolas significantly and raise your nipples above your submammary fold, into a more perky and attractive position. Always, consult with board certified plastic surgeons who perform surgery in an accredited surgery centerfor your safety. Check their before and after pictures to make sure  that they are numerous, consistent and you like them.  Check also the 'realself' reviews for positive patients experience.
                                       Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

+1
From the photo it does seem that you probably have a very mild form of the Tuberous breast. if you are displeased with the breast shape or size, see a surgeon for consultation regarding the changes that can be done.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tuberous

+1
Theres is a broad spectrum for Tuberous/Constricted breasts.  The classic tuberous breast has a high inframammary fold, a constricted base, herniation of the tissue through the areola (puffy areolas).  Sometimes it can have wide breast spacing and ptosis.  While your breast shape is not a deformity, it can be altered with surgery.  The areolas can be reduced, the breast lifted with a mastopexy, and your upper pole can be filled and made more round with the placement of an implant.  I suggest that you have a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who can discuss this with you in person and provide you with more information.  Best Wishes. 

Christopher Khorsandi, MD

Tubular Breasts

+1
It does appear that you have a mild degree of tubular deformity, a vertical breast lift would help correct this by reducing your areola size and lifting your breast tissue.  An implant would help enhance your result even more.  

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast

+1
I would say you have a mild to moderate tuberous breast as there is no tissue herniating though the areola given what is commonly referred to as a "Snoopy deformity". Your breast tissue is positioned a little low. Correction of what you have could be achieved with a lollipop breast lift without or without an implant, depending on your desires.

Julio Garcia, MD

Tubular

+1
Thank you for the photos and you appear to have tuberous ptotic breasts with large areola.  Practically speaking you would benefit from a lift

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon