My areola are larger than average. Do I have tubular breast? (photos)

I've always known my areolas were larger than average but have recently discovered tubular breast .. do I have this deformity or are my breast just sagging / large areola ?

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™

+1
Your breasts do not appear tubular, however, they are asymmetrical in volume, shape and position.I recommend a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.If you are satisfied with the size of your breasts in a bra then you do not need implants.If you want to be larger, implants can be added simultaneously.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts

+1
Your breasts are mildly tubular, but mainly they are ptotic, which is a fancy name for droopy.  They can be improved and the areolae reduced, but there is considerable scarring which you may not feel is worthwhile if you are young and haven't had children yet.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Not classic tuberous breasts

+1
You might like the look of a smaller areola and improved shape with a lollipop lift. I would say a perky B cup. You could add an implant if  larger size desired. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

My areola are larger than average. Do I have tubular breast?

+1
  This is a continuum as far as breast shape goes.  A breast lift could help address the shape, droop, and larger areolae.

+1
From the photo it does seem that you probably have a very mild form of the Tuberous breast. if you are displeased with the breast shape or size, see a surgeon for consultation regarding the changes that can be done.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tuberous

+1
Theres is a broad spectrum for Tuberous/Constricted breasts.  The classic tuberous breast has a high inframammary fold, a constricted base, herniation of the tissue through the areola (puffy areolas).  Sometimes it can have wide breast spacing and ptosis.  While your breast shape is not a deformity, it can be altered with surgery.  The areolas can be reduced, the breast lifted with a mastopexy, and your upper pole can be filled and made more round with the placement of an implant.  I suggest that you have a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who can discuss this with you in person and provide you with more information.  Best Wishes. 

Christopher Khorsandi, MD

Tubular Breasts

+1
It does appear that you have a mild degree of tubular deformity, a vertical breast lift would help correct this by reducing your areola size and lifting your breast tissue.  An implant would help enhance your result even more.  

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast

+1
I would say you have a mild to moderate tuberous breast as there is no tissue herniating though the areola given what is commonly referred to as a "Snoopy deformity". Your breast tissue is positioned a little low. Correction of what you have could be achieved with a lollipop breast lift without or without an implant, depending on your desires.

Julio Garcia, MD

Tubular

+1
Thank you for the photos and you appear to have tuberous ptotic breasts with large areola.  Practically speaking you would benefit from a lift

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon