Filling deep mechanical lines on cheeks. (photo)

I have deep mechanical smile lines on my cheeks, I've had them filled with juviderm but it leaves my face looking too full, is there a way to get rid of them without a facelift? I'm 43

If fillers are making your appearance change too drastically, you would want to try a procedure for skin tightening.

+1
If fillers are making your appearance change too drastically, you would want to try a procedure for skin tightening. Enerjet is a great procedure for smoothing lines. Although, if you are consistently making these lines when you're smiling they will continue to appear. 

Hope this helps. 

Animation Lines on Cheeks

+1

Juvederm and other types of fillers may help camouflage this area, but you are right. They will add volume to your face.  Fat transfer will do the same thing.

Resurfacing procedures are not likely to go deep enough.

You may consider RF tightening or some very, very low doses of Botox.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Lower face wrinkles and how to improve without a facelift

+1
I still support the use of carefully placed small quantities of reversible hyaluronic acid filler for some help with your lines but in addition to that I see nice improvement in lower face skin laxity with Yag laser and/or radiofrequency tightening.  I do both in my practice.  The main difference is the Yag tightening tends to accomplish the improvement faster with fewer treatments. 

Karen Stolman, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon