I Have Hemifacial Spasms and Got my First Botox Shots Three Weeks Ago. But Now my Eye Won't Blink at All?

I can close it but I have to consciously think of it. I can't wear my contacts and my vision is blurry and my eye burns in spite of the gel I put in at night and all the drops I keep putting. The dr put two shots in the upper and lower lids and one by the outer corner. Any ideas?

Botox for hemifacial spasm

+2

Incomplete eyelid closure is not uncommon after botox injections for hemifacial spasm. You should see an ophthalmologist to make sure your eye is healthy and not overly dry. Your eyelids will return to normal as the botox wears off over several months. If you decide to try the botox again at a later date, you should have a much lower dose or consider treating the lower eyelids only.

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon