I Have Hemi Faciail Neuralgia, Fibromyalgia and I Have Had Botox .Is a Facelift an Option?

I have had plstic surgey 10 years ago. I healed slowly and that was the only trouble. I have seen specialists regarding the facial ticks and do well with Botox. I want to have either a traditional facelift or liquid Facelift. If I have been given an okay by all the Drs. specialists. Am I a good candidate for facial surgery barring all other risks that I don't have diabetes,heart problems and I'm not overweight do not smoke or drink. Free advice please Thanks

You should always be careful during facelift surgery

+2

You should always be careful during facelift surgery because if you are already having facial pain, this may exacerbate it.  You really need to consult with very experienced plastic surgeons and get several opinions.  If you have volume loss or poor skin tone/texture, a liquid facelift might give you a more natural result than a traditional facelift.  If, however, you have a lot of skin laxity and drooping of the face, a traditional facelift would be more indicated. You should consult with doctors who are experienced in both the liquid facelift and the traditional facelift.  At our practice, we offer both types of facelifts so you would get a balanced opinion on what is best for you.  The facial tics can be treated with BOTOX. 

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Time for a second facelift

+2
If you are back to where you were before the first facelift, it's likely you could benefit from another one. Pictures would help for this forum but are no substitute for an evaluation by a trained and experienced face lift surgeon . A "liquid face lift" accomplishes other than what you get from a surgical face lift. However, it might be effective for you if you have no looseness of the neck and jowls.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age, what the prior plastic surgery was, and what effects the fibromyalgia and "facial ticks" all need to be considered.

+2

Contemporary facial rejuvenation may include fillers, fat and tissue transfers, various lifts, and lasers.  The solutions have to be tailored to the needs.

You need to see a plastic surgeon who is able to give you both a surgical, non-surgical, as well as blended approach.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Photographs would be helpful.

+2

Really you need to go see some good surgeons.  Because surgeons tend to recommend, well, surgery, you might also see some cosmetic dermatologists that perform more liquid facelifts.  Briefly for some, there is just no substitute for a properly performed facelift together with other ancillary surgical procedures.  However, so much can now be done without surgery using fillers, that I would encourage you to explore this pathway.  Please recognize that like surgery, fillers are an art form.  Just because someone is board certified in Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgery, this does not make them any good a sewing or filling human faces.  Unfortunately, you have to go beyond their credentials and their affable bedside manner to figure out who will be right for you.

Hemi Facial Neuralgia & Fibromyalgia - Facelift an Option?

+1

Although there is no absolute reason you cannot have a face lift you may have a slower recovery than average and may suffer more nerve-related issues than average

Sam Naficy, MD