Is it the worse it can be after receiving touch up botox in messeter/ cheek? is the botox effect at its peak now? (photo)

I've received botox touch up (12 units per side) 6 weeks ago but the result was bad. I believe the doctor was injected area above jaw instead of jaw muscle alone. The sunken condition of my left cheek is horrible and I am cancelling engagement photo because of this. I'm devastated and want to know if cheek volume will get back to normal in 4 to 6 months. Thank you.

Relationship of dosage and Botox duration

+1

12 units per side is a fairly low dose for a muscle as large as the masseter. You should begin to see a return of muscle activity in less than 3 months, and should return to your pre-treatment volume soon after. As others have mentioned, you could volumize the "sunken" area with a facial filler in order to symmetrize your face if you are in need of immediate correction.

Asymmetrical face ? After Botox

+1

Moomoocat, You can have a filler injected into the area with less volume and get your photos done. If this is due to the Botox, by the time the filler is gone you should be getting your muscle volume back. Sometimes I think that gum chewing can make these muscles more prominent. So, if you are a gum chewer, chew on the left and not the right.

Birmingham Dermatologist

If the depression wasn't there before the botox and developed in the weeks afterward, then

+1

there's pretty good reason to believe the botox caused the muscle or gland to shrink and is the cause of the problem...and the good news is that the issue will self correct but not in your timeline...so the solution is a temporary fix...a filler infected into the area to allow you to enjoy this wonderful time of life with your preparations for the wedding...go see a reputable practitioner and find out how easily this cosmetic problem can be remedied...and put your engagement picture schedule back on your calendar..

Masseter Botox for jaw reduction

+1

Have you considered getting some filler in the left cheek while you wait for the masseter to come back? Some Juvederm or Radiesse will plump it right up so you can still get your engagement photos done. If the cheek depression is due to masseter injection, it will get back to normal in 4-6 months. I normally only inject the bottom part of the masseter.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can Botox affect cheek volume?

+1

Hi Moomoocat. Botox and Dysport are very commonly used to treat jaw pain (TMJ) and to decrease the size of the masseter (jaw) muscle.

There is asymmetry in your cheek with the left side having less volume, but it does not appear that this is related to the Botox injections. Because Botox only affects the muscle rather than collagen or fatty tissue of the upper cheek, any asymmetry caused by Botox would be lower on the face below the ear at the jawline.

It's very possible that you had this asymmetry prior to your Botox injections and noticed it more after the injections as you began to look closer at your jawline. Review your before pictures with your practitioner as a starting point to addressing your concern.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/BotoxInjectionMasseter.aspx