Panniculectomy vs Tummy Tuck for me after 3 C-sections, a set of twins and I need hernia repair? (photos)

i have been doing research on both panniculectomy vs tummy tuck my situation 44 yr olds, mom of 5, 3 c-section, set of twins i have a hernia, which is giving me problems with digestive not able to BM (2 X's a week), lower back pain in legs. i changed my diet to fiber, exercising, drink 1 gallon of water, no sugar or starches. i seen my doctor about this matter and to me his not concern or thinks its not a big deal. i am not sure if the lack of concern because of my medical coverage(medicare).

+3
Looking at your pictures: You have a significant skin overhang, stretch marks with moderate diastasis. I think a Full tummy tuck with liposuction to your hips and flanks will serve you best. You are a good candidate for this procedure already. Panniculectomy may not be sufficient to accomplish your goal.
The hernia can be repaired at the same time. Best is to be seen in person for evaluation and advice.

Tummy Tuck vs Panniculectomy with Hernia Repair After C-Section

+2
Thank you for your question and photos. I am sorry you are experiencing some difficulty. I would urge you to be in optimal health before you consider an elective procedure of any kind. Looking at the pictures you've provided I think you would be much happier with a full abdominplasty, or tummy tuck. While both procedures you've researched address excess skin, a panniculectomy will not address the underlying muscles. Abdominoplasty will suture your muscles back to the midline and allow repair of your hernia. There would be no improvement to abdominal wall shape with a panniculectomy. I hope this was helpful.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Abdominoplasty panniculectomy

+2
For the pictures that you send, you need a full abdominoplasty with muscle repair. Panniculectomy will give you a partial result. Also some liposuccion will help you to contour your body

Alejandro J. Quiroz, MD, FACS
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Panniculectomy vs tummy tuck for me after 3 c-sections, a set of twins, and I need a hernia repair?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! Body contouring after scenarios such as yours is very common. You would be an ideal candidate for such and could achieve an excellent result. For semantics, a panniculectomy simply does a wedge excision of the overhanging skin/soft tissue of the lower abdomen (abdominal panniculus), mostly to ameliorate symptoms from it. Typically, an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) excises this tissue, but also addresses the upper abdomen, the abdominal wall via tightening, and the lateral flanks/hips to improve contour of this area. With the amount of laxity and excess skin that is shown and the likely spreading of your abdominal wall from your prior weight, a tummy tuck would be the ideal procedure for you. The hernia could also be repaired at the same time as this procedure safely and effectively.  

I truly believe that you would be satisfied with the results from this. Consult with a plastic surgeon well-versed in body contouring to discuss the various options with you and help you to decide which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Hope that this helps - best wishes for a fantastic result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Tummy tuck after children vs panniculectomy

+1
tummy tuck after children vs panniculectomy
panniculectomy will not give you the result that you want

a complete abdominoplasty with liposuction, hernia repair, and muscle correction is what would be best for the images you show

Tummy tuck does more

+1
The difference between a tummy tuck and panniculectomy is tha a tummy tuck gets rid of the apron but also tightens the muscle and skin above and below the umbilicus. Generally speaking most women after childbearing benefit more from the tummy tuck than a panniculectomy. Being evaluated by a plastic surgeon will give you your best option and answer all your questions..

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Should I have a tummy tuck or a paniculectomy?

+1
Thanks so much for your question. I would strongly urge you you to consider only a tummy tuck based on your photos. I think you would be disappointed with a paniculectomy and you would,honestly, be thrilled with a tummy tuck (assuming it's done by a competent surgeon). Hope his helps.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Panniculectomy versus tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for your question.  I concur with other surgeons that a full tummy tuck, hernia repair and liposuction of your flanks will give you a better result than a simple panniculectomy.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Correct operation

+1
Thanks for your question.Based on your story and photos:
1) any thing les than a a full abdominoplasty would be disappointing to you.
2) any hernia challenges could be fixed at same operation.
3)optimally you should be at your goal weight. 
Suggest you make multiple appt.'s with several Bd. Cert. Plastic Surgeons.

Robert A. Hardesty, MD
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1
Thank you for the photos and you are an excellent candidate for a full TT, hernia repair and liposuction so find a surgeon in your area and enjoy the new you

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon