i have had 3 c-section and have a hernia after being pregnant with twins (photo)

i am 44 yrs old and wondering if theres and insurance coverage to correct my tummy from having 3 c- sections have left me with lose skin and an hernia. i am not having anymore children and i believe that my muscle have been weaken.

I have had 3 c-section and have a hernia after being pregnant with twins

+2
The tummy tuck and hernia repair can be performed at the same time.  The hernia repair I will perform at no charge.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Insurance Coverage

+2
GOOD NEWS: Yes, your umbilical hernia will most likely be covered by insurance.
BAD NEWS: The abdominoplasty surgery is not a covered  benefit.

Joseph Ku, MD
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

Hernia and tummy tuck.

+2
Based on your photos and brief story, you are a excellent candidate for a combined surgery.
Specifically,  your hernia and Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) could be done together.
Most surgeons will reconstruct the displaced muscles and repair the c-section scar. 

I suggest you seek a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

warmly, 

Robert A. Hardesty MD, FACS
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
You do indeed have an umbilical hernia.  It is possible that the umbilical hernia might be paid for by insurance, but that would pay only a small part of the entire procedure.  The insurance company might cover the hernia part, but not the tummy tuck.  It's worth asking the insurance company or billing insurance for the umbilical hernia repair,  but don't be too optimistic about it.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Hernia

+1
Insurance may cover an umbilical hernia repair if symptomatic but certainly not an abdominoplasty 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for the question and picture. You are correct in that twin (or any multiple gestation) pregnancies do tend to “spread” the abdominal wall muscles significantly.  Generally speaking, umbilical hernia surgery tends to be covered by health insurance companies;  diastasis recti (spreading of the rectus muscles with pregnancy or weight gain/loss) repair is generally not a covered procedure. Unless there is some unusual circumstance, insurance companies generally do not cover tummy tuck surgery. In other words, insurance companies do not consider this operation medically necessary. Sometimes, however insurance companies will cover excision of lower abdominal wall skin/apron;  this operation is called a panniculectomy (not relevant in your case). Best wishes.