Hematoma - Should I Get a Second Opinion? (photo)

1 day post op from a breast implant revision, I had developed rapid swelling and pressure in my right breast. Though my surgeon did not seem too concerned as there was no pain, I went to see him as soon as I could that day. When he examined me he had said that there was some bleeding but it had subsided and the swelling will eventually go down on it's own. There is bruising now next to the incision as expected. The size difference is worrying, how long will I be like this?

Hematoma - Should I Get a Second Opinion?

+2

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced; I am glad however to hear that your plastic surgeon is following you closely. You will likely find that it will take a few weeks for the swelling/blood to resorb. 

Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully and he/she is following you closely, there is probably no need for additional "opinions" (unless you find it necessary for your peace of mind).

Best wishes for a long-term outcome that you are very pleased with.

You and your plastic surgeon should monitor the improvement

+1

Dear Mishhy,

Sorry to hear about your recovery.  I do see the size difference but cannot tell how much of that size difference is related to the potential for a hematoma versus the presence of asymmetry before surgery.  Since your plastic surgeon knows you better I would recommend that you and him/her follow the progress of improvement with regards to the right breast.  Once improvement seems to have stopped you can discuss options for addressing any residual asymmetry.

Dr. Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD