Hematoma After Brow Lift?

It feels like blood pooling under skull after my brow lift. Also feels like a small area near one of the cuts has some fluid underneath it, it feels squeashy. Is this something to be concerned about? I had the brow lift 7 days ago.

Fluid collection after brow lift

+2

It sounds like you do have a fluid collection under your skin.  I recommend that you contact your surgeon.  He or she may wish to drain the fluid either with a syringe or through the wound if there is a lot.  If there is a lot of fluid, it could compromise the final result, even cause injury to the overlying skin.  If there is only a small amount of fluid (blood or serum) it could be absorbed without any treatment.  The important thing is that you need to be examined very soon.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma after a brow lift

+1

If you are feeling fluid build up underneath your forehead after having a brow lift, you may very well be acumulating fluid.  Call your doctor.

Hematoma after brow lift

+1

Amazing! CALL YOUR SURGEON ASAP!!! if there is a hematoma he should address it NOW!. Why ask us? CALL the operating surgeon, PLEASE!

Dr. B

Treatment of Post-op Hematoma

+1

Fluid may accumulate under the forehead flap within one week after browlift surgery . Treatment will depend on the quantity. Small amounts of fluid will be absorbed without problems; sometimes this will be removed.  Consult with your surgeon.

It’s rare if a good technique is used

+1

You can get a Hematoma after a browlift, but it’s rare if a good technique is used by an oculofacial plastic surgeon. To learn more, visit my website.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

You don't want your fill of fluid.

+1

You should have your surgeon evaluate this area to determine if there is fluid and whether this is a hematoma. Depending on the type of fluid treatment may or may not be rendered. A hematoma must receive treatment to identify the source of bleeding and stop it and to prevent the hematoma from becoming infected.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS