Hematoma 15wks After Surgery - Is this typical?

I had tummy tuck 15wks ago.3 wks post op I had a seroma which was drained by my PS.12 wks post op I was playing with the kids at the park, I used monkey bars and lifted myself up. immediately following this I experienced pain in my tummy.In the next 2 wks I started some light abdom exercise + gentle jogging. I noticed increased swelling on one side on my tuI had tummy tuck 15wks ago. 3 wks post op I had a seroma which was drained by my PS.a week ago and this side is still hard and sore to touch

Hematoma 15wks After Surgery

+1

This could be a recurrence of your seroma or a hematoma. Best way to tell is a visit to your surgeon, where a decision about diagnosis and treatment can be made. Chances are an aspiration will make or exclude the diagnosis, and may be adequate treatment, though follow up will be needed.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Chronic seroma might require surgical correction.

+1

After a delayed evacuation of a hematoma, a seroma might become chronic.  This is a well lined cavity that might need to be excised for the problem to resolve.