Recommendations To Help Skin "Bounce Back" After Weight Loss?

I'm 42, white male and parents have good skin elasticity. After gatric bypass and 125lb weight loss, the skin in my ab area is SLIGHTLY sagging and ONLY when I bend over. It is not severe at all, but something that I notice. Since I don't have moderate/severe sagging or crepy skin, what would be my best options to tighten the skin? My bariatric surgeon told me that I am not a candidate for tummy tuck, when considering there's very little effected skin and the risks involved with the surgery.

Improvement in Skin Appearance after Large Weight Loss

+1

hi there-

Without any disrespect to your bariatric surgeon, I would agree that it is very difficult for me to imagine that your best option for improvement in your appearance after a 125 lb weight loss is going to be anything but a lower body lift or tummy tuck.

Without examining you and reviewing your options with you, it is very difficult to make recommendations though...

Your best bet is to find an experienced and skilled surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and visit for a consultation.

Weight Loss and Skin “Bounce Back”?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss.  Although difficult to  contradict your bariatric surgeon without examining you, it would be the extremely rare patient who has lost 125 pounds after gastric bypass surgery who is NOT  a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery.  You may want to seek consultation with  a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion regarding this matter.

Otherwise, there is no  effective non surgical modality to help with the “slightly sagging” skin.