Hot Water Burn Scar on Black Child?

My daughter is 5 and hot water fell on her back 8 months ago. I don't know what to do.... I used aloe vera cream but nothing has really changed... We are black so the scar is light... Help please!

Scar revision for a burn scar on dark skin

+1

These scars can be improved with topical creams, selected UV exposure, and scar revision.  

The first step in my office would be to perform a meticulous exam and see what conservative scar revision steps to take. 

Burn on back

+1

It is possible that in the summer, if you put sunscreen on the rest of her body but not the area that is light, and let her have some sun exposure the skin will get get tan and look more normal. No guarantee. You could also see a dermatologist who has a ultraviolet light box, and see what they think.

Vicki J. Levine, MD