Would It Be Helpful to Use "Near Infrared" Heat Therapy After Breast Agmentation Surgery For Healing?

I have read that "near infrared" therapy is good for healing the body and I was wondering would it be safe to use after breast augmentation to aid in healing.

+2

Without knowing much about "Near Infrared" it is probably not needed at all for Breast Augmentation... But warming therapy sounds like it might be more useful several weeks after Liposuction!!!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

No reason for using Infrared treatments to heal after a Breast Augmentation

+2

Warming tissues with infrared radiation may increase the blod flow through tissues but is hardly necessary for healing a Breast Augmenation. I would stay away from it. 

Scar healing

+2
There will always be a scar after breast augmentation surgery. The best thing you can do is to leave it alone and let it heal! Inappropriate use of adjuvant therapies can harm more than help. I would be extremely apprehensive about such a modality causing wound breakdown and delaying healing.

Robert L. Kraft, MD