Is It Helpful to Continue Icing 5 Days After Platysmaplasty W/ Lipo?

I am still somewhat swollen and in some pain and the ice seems to help, but I have also read that icing will not help the healing process after the third day. Would it be helpful to use warm compresses? In addition to the swelling I have some semi-hard banding. Thank you

Icing after neck lift

+1

Each situation is unique and only your surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this

Recovery after Neck Surgery?

+1

It will be best if you receive recovery  recommendations from your plastic surgeon,  who is ultimately responsible for your care.

Icing can be done the first week but most of the beneficial affect is in the first 48 hours

+1

Wearing a wrap will help the swelling. I also tell people to use gauze in the areas that are more swollen than the surrounding areas. Your physician and their staff could help with this.  But most of the work is done during the procedure.  Below is an example of a video that helps to answer this question for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postop neck care

+1

You trusted your doctor to do your surgery. I want my patients to receive postoperative instructions from me. I hope you are able to receive answers to these questions from your surgeon.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Icing after more than three days following facial surgery

+1

This is somewhat controversial. It probably won't hurt anything but there is little evidence to suggest that icing after the third day help with swelling and it may delay wound healing. Warm compresses in my opinion probably don't add much until about the seventh day or so to help dissolve old blood and revascularize tissue but I would ask your surgeon their preference.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon