Does Having a Crescent Lift Make the Areola Bigger? Will It Go Back to Normal? if Its Lifted 1 1/2cm Will It B 1 1/2 Bigger?

I had breast implants&a crescent lift on one side to bring my nipple up 1 1/2cm to in line with my other nipple. i so unhappy with the results, it seems to have made the areola much longer& fatter on one side,thinner on the other I have since been told on here by different surgeons that they are not recommended&where abandoned along time ago.i had a good surgeon so i cant understand? From experience does the areola stay the same as it looks three weeks in or will it completely change when heals?

Crescent Lift?

+2

As you have stated, the crescent lift has very limited indications.  You are noticing some of the problems with the technique, namely distortion of areola size and shape.  I have abandoned the technique but some surgeons continue to use it in certain situations.  It is difficult to comment on your situation but, in general, it is best to allow some additional time to elapse before you can make a definitive judgement about your final appearance.  This is something you should discuss with your surgeon and, if necessary, it can probably be adjusted with a revision most likely consisting of a complete circular incision around the areola.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Crescent lift rarely used

+1

A crescent lift is unsuccessful in lifting the breasts.  The better technique is an eccentric donut mastopexy.  A pursue string suture is used that provides permanent support and prevents nipple widening.  You need a donut lift with a permanent suture to reduce the areola to the size you desire.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Crescent Breast Lift Results?

+1

Thank you for the question. You do not mention how far out of surgery you currently are.

You have mentioned some of the potential downsides with crescent breast lifting.  Assuming you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon, I would suggest continued follow-up;  hopefully revisionary surgery can improve your situation.