Best Cure For Eyebags? Creams Haven't Helped. Restylane or Fat Transfer? Recommendations?

I hate my under eye bags... What's the best cure for that? I've tried so many expensive creams with no good results. Recently, I went to a consultation and was advised on Restylane as a temporary fix or a fat transfer for a more permanent fix.. Suggestions please.. I'm only 30 and I am so tired of hiding behind my eye glasses.

Fillers vs. Surgery for Under Eye Bags

+1

Without a photo, it is hard to determine the best treatment for your under eye bags. While Restylane filler or fat transfer for under eye bags may be a solution for hiding the eyebags by adding volume to specific areas you, I suggest doing research and consulting with a qualified doctor who can develop a proper long-term strategy and to see if you are a candidate for eyelid surgery.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

The best thing for you to do is seek a consultation.  The best treatment will not only depend on your examination, it will also depend on your expectations.  For instance Restylane may work, but do you want to be injected every year?  These types of issues need to be addressed properly.  Good luck.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid bags

+1

Lower eye lid bags are best treated with conservative fat excision.  Fillers will only camouflage depressions around the eyes.

+1

If you have lower eyelid bags, creams won't help and fillers just hide the lower edge by adding volume.  Lower eyelid surgery will remove the fat bag and IMHO, is the procedure of choice.  

Correction of under lid hollow.

+1

First, it is impossible to determine what is your best option without and in-office exam.  Assuming you are referring to the hollow under your eye, there are various methods to take care of this.  First, removing fat surgically through and incision inside the eyelid and repositioning the fat into the grove is the best option usually.  Filling in the grove with Restylane or Juvederm is a good choice but only temporary.  Filling the grove in with fat works very well.  With appropriately processed fat and the use of biologic modifiers, the fat survival rate appears to be increased.  Dark circles will be lessened by any of the above.  The pigment change can be treated with Starblaster available from Alessi Skin Care.

All the best.

David Alessi, MD

Solution for Under Eye Bags

+1

Hello.  Without the benefit of a picture it's difficult to say exactly what we would suggest.  Restylane and lower lid eye surgery are two great options.  Given your age, we would guess that a filler would be an excellent first step.  We usually use less than 1 cc and pictures can be viewed at the link below.

Normally for older patients with more loose skin, the surgical options are going to offer better results.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Undereye Bags

+1

This is a very common request!  Unfortunately there isn't a topical cream that will fix what you are describing.  The fillers are a great temporary fix where the results are essentially immediate. If you are seeking a more permanent result, you might consider fat grafting or lower eyelid blepharoplasty.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek so you can avoid hiding behind your glasses.

Kimberly Lee, MD