G to C Reasonable For a 160lbs, 6'6?

Hi, I am 22. 160lbs and 6'6. I am currently a G cup and would like to go down to a C. Is that a reasonable size to go down to?

Breast reduction

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to estimate the volume to be removed.  C to D is more likely the case in extremely large breasts. I go over the reasons why during the exam.  Good luck.

Large breasts are hard to reduce to c-cups

+1

I would advise you that it can be very difficult to safely reduce larger breasts (like your "G" cup) to a C range in many instances unless you remove the nipple (free nipple grafting). Most larger breasts have both longer lengths and more volume and you have to maintain a good bit of tissue attached to the nipple to keep it alive. With the larger reductions we do (1500-2000 grams), I think it might be more reasonable to tell you it's likely to be more like a small D then a true C.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction to Very Small Size?

+1

Yes, breasts can be reduced to a very small cup size. They will be in porn for you to communicate your goals with to your plastic surgeon;  I find the use of cup size can be confusing and prefer the use of goal pictures.

The concern with the amount of tissue removed is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue;  if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola)  may be compromised.   Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue. If the pedicle is made too small (in the effort to reduce the breasts as much as possible)  then patient will likely have problems with tissue survival.   

The other concern with overly aggressive breast reduction surgery is patient dissatisfaction  afterwards.  It is not unusual for patients who have lived with very large breasts to want to have as much as possible removed. Care must be taken to be judicious in this removal to avoid an outcome where the breasts  are too small in relation (proportionately) to the patient's other body parts.  Again, it is not uncommon, for patients'  breasts to become smaller ( after the breast reduction procedure) with time and/or weight loss-  breast augmentation may become necessary to achieve the patient's size goals.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

G To C Cup Reduction

+1

It is probably reasonable to achieve the degree of reduction that you want (G cup to C).  The main consideration is the preservation of sufficient breast tissue to provide an adequate blood supply to your nipple-areolar area.  Consult a BC surgeon with whom you can discuss the procedure.