Help! Had TT with Lipo 2 Months Ago, Am I Still Swollen? (photo)

I had a TT, BA, and lipo on April 19th. I am 2 months post op and my jeans are very tight and my love handles are larger then before? Am I still swollen? Also what do you think of the scar? Sorry for the dark photo. Thanks!!!

Had TT with Lipo 2 Months Ago, Am I Still Swollen?

+1

It typically takes 3 months to a year for the swelling to resolve after TT/lipo. Without seeing before photos I wouldn't choose to comment on just the afters. The scar appears quite normal for two months, which is about the peak of the inflammatory phase of scar healing. The incision should become less red, narrower, and less raised over the year that it takes for scars to mature. 

Staying in close follow up with your surgeon is essential. All the best. 

Swelling After Tummy Tuck

+1

It is common to have post-operative swelling two months after surgery.  Generally it takes about six months for deep tissue swelling to resolve.  Furthermore, the color of the scar should fade and become less noticeable with time.  However, it is essential to protect the scar from sunlight or tanning beds while the scar is dark, as exposure to these can lead to permanent discoloration.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Tummy tuck and lipo result at 2 months

+1

At two months our froma tummy tuck and liposuction more than likely you are still swollen. It wuill take at least 4-6 months for swelling to go down.

Help! Had TT with Lipo 2 Months Ago, Am I Still Swollen?

+1

Please post a before photo so we can compare! But you may have lateral excess skin/fat or dog ears. Best to discuss with your surgeon for possible revision. 

Swelling after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.
As always, it is best to be seen in person ( by your plastic surgeon) for precise diagnosis and treatment.
 Generally speaking, abdominal wall "swelling" after tummy tuck may be related to:
1. Swelling in the soft tissues.  This may take several months to resolve and may worsen with increased activity  or at the end of the day.   Patience  is required to allow for resolution of the swelling. The swelling occurs because of the interruption of venous and lymphatic channels that occurs during the tummy tuck operation.
2. Fluid accumulation in the space between the skin and the abdominal wall muscle.  this may consist of blood ( hematoma)  or serum (seroma).  This fluid accumulation can generally be diagnosed by physical examination ( occasionally ultrasound  may be helpful).  Treatment consists of aspiration;  several episodes of aspiration may be necessary. 
3. Separation of the abdominal wall muscle repair may lead to a swelling/bulge appearance. This may be diagnosed on physical examination  with your surgeon examining you in different bodily positions. One of the steps of a tummy tuck procedure involves reapproximation (plication)  of the rectus muscles.  These muscles have spread apart during pregnancy and/or weight gain. Bringing them together again in the midline helps to “tighten” the abdominal wall as well as to narrow the waistline.
4. Residual adipose tissue may be confused for swelling. Again this is most easily diagnosed by physical examination. Additional liposuction surgery maybe necessary to improve the results of surgery.
Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year  (or greater)  a complete skin redraping  to occur.

Undoubtedly, you will find that the appearance of the scar will improve over the course of the next year and beyond.