Need Help with Third Capsular Contracture, What Can I do?

Had 2 grade4 cap cont with both breasts twice.Undermuscle silicone gel.2nd time replaced implants with smaller.3nd reused and used alloderm. Left one good.After 1mo got ripples and right one developing cap. Lifting higher distorted and hardening. Now one 1/2in higher than the other.Taking singular 3 months now.Also develop hard scar tissue that hurts around nip where cut.Need ALL your tools.Expensive but want to work. Massaging etc.Certain foods help with leoktrenes? dr may have to clean rt.

Why am I having so much trouble with my breast implants?

+1

Your situation is distinctly unusual, and must be carefully considered prior to further intervention.  A diligent approach to avoiding prior techniques and decisions that led you into this situation is indicated.  Consider a second, and possibly third opinion.  RNA inhibiting peptide with antibiotics, by preventing formation of bacterially generated biofilm, will likely prevent future capsular contracture.

Please send your pictures

+1

The issue of capsular contracture can be frustrating and difficult. Your picture would be helpful to evaluate the problem. I offer implant removal and fat grafting for patients that implant has failed multiple times.  There is no treatment to resolve the established capsular contracture except surgery  and you have failed that treatment.Please check my web site for examples.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Recurrent Capsular Contractures

+1

Capsular contractures have defied plastic surgeons for nearly fifty years now.  We suspect that they are in part due to an inflammatory process which is why Singulair works sometimes in the very early stages.  Biofilms may also play a part which is why it is recommended that the entire capsule be excised and the implant replaced.  Yet, there are still those like yourself that continue to contract.  I have had excellent results using acellular dermal matrices like Strattice or Alloderm.  The body does not have the same foreign body reaction to them and the recurrence rate is dramatically lower....but not 0%.  However, low enough that in your case it would be worth doing if you are committed to keeping your implants.  I will warn you that these are not easy procedure nor are the ADMs cheap.  I happen to practice in your area and would be happy to see you. 

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Options for recurrent capsular contracture

+1

Alloderm and Strattice are normally very effective in preventing recurrent capsular contracture in my experience, provided that the implant is replaced at the same time. If I understand your question correctly, the same implant was re-used. In revision cases for problems other than capsular contracture this would probably be fine, but that may be why the CC has come back. I have not seen good results with leukotriene blockers such as Singulair, dietary factors (including vitamin E), or anything else including massage.

Richard Baxter, MD