HELP! what are the best procedures for my nose? (Photos)

i find my nose a bit wide and bulbous especially when smiling. i don't want to get any kind of implant if possible. i want to have a more defined tip and smaller natural looking nose that doesn't make me look like i took a surgery. Is this possible? and how much does the procedures cost? i heard that caucasian's and asian's nose are different, i'm eurasian(grandma's part dutch), does that make any difference? and where is the best place for me to get surgery? i can't decide between US and SKorea

HELP! what are the best procedures for my nose?

+1
Tip refinement, bridge narrowing, and nostril reduction can be used to improve the nose.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Eurasian Rhinoplasty

+1
There are great plastic surgeons in both the US and South Korea.  I would try to choose a surgeon that you feel comfortable with and has experience in Asian rhinoplasty.  Asian rhinoplasty can be quite different from Caucasian rhinoplasty and often times much more difficult due to limited amounts of cartilage and thick skin.  However, many of your complaints can be addressed with rhinoplasty surgery.  Good luck! 

Eugene Kim, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with my colleagues answer below you will see great results with work on the tip of nose and nostrils very common with asian ethnicity.  Its not so important as to where you have surgery done by whom, find a plastic surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty procedures.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

No nasal implant

+1

Likely because of your mixed heritage /ethnicity, the bridge of your nose is adequate, and therefore, you probably don't require augmentation ("implant"--these are indeed common in Asian countries.  Otherwise, you would benefit from work on your tip to define and rotate it (turn it up) a bit (not too much).  Your skin appears thick so it's unlikely that surgery will make it too thin and unnatural appearing.  You should note that because of the way your upper jaw is positioned, the columella (the part between your tip and lip) is retruded.  Pushing this down with grafting would help with your appearance.  Regarding where to have surgery, there are excellent rhinoplasty surgeons in both S. Korea and the U.S.   Just find one who is experienced which should not be a problem for you   Good luck!

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon