What can I use to help the flaking & irritation from Trentinoin (.05%) & what can I use to facilitate it?

Please advise: What can I use to help the flaking & irritation from Trentinoin (.05%) & what can I use to facilitate it? Thank you very much, Laura

Current status:
  • red spots
  • flaking
  • extremely dry
  • cracked
  • irritated
I use the Trentinoin for lines & wrinkles. I'm 45-yrs old. Ty

What can I use to help the flaking & irritation from trentinoin 90.5%) & what can I use to facilitate it?

+1
Ceravae particularly ceravae PM is an over the counter medication in which there have been clinical studies that show that it decreases the flaking and irritation secondary to topical retinoids. I think the niacinamide in the ceravae PM adds an additional clinical benefit over the plain ceravae, although the studies were done with ceravae.

Decatur Dermatologic Surgeon

RR Retinoid Repair Cream for the skin

+1
Our office utilizes retinoids for our patients.  To avoid the downsides of retin A, we often prescribe RR Retinoid Repair Cream which has a mixture of retinoids with moisturizers to help improve skin quality without as much redness an peeling. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS