Getting 450cc Gel Implants Moderate Plus in 4 Days, am I Making a Good Choice?

I'm 21 years old 5'9 and 115lbs..I'm getting a gel 450cc m+ under the muscle this coming Tuesday..is this a good choice? I usually weigh around 125 but was in a bad car accident in January..since I broke my jaw and had to have it wired shut and be on a liquid diet for 6 weeks I dropped 20lbs..Im slowly gaining it back..But I still usually stay skinny.

Age requirements for silicone gel implants

+1

Unfortunately, there are no photographs and you did not tell us your bra size.  If you are a size 34 to 36 then each 200 cc's will be 1 bra size change.  Therefore, the 450 cc implants would be 2 cup sizes larger.  Depending on what you are trying to achieve, 2 cup sizes may be correct.  I usually recommend silicone gel implants to people who are very thin because the saline implants can ripple and feel very unnatural in thin people.  However, as others have stated, you must be 22 years old before you have the silicone gel implants.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

450 SILICONE iMPLANTS

+1

450 CC iMPLANTS SOUND TOO LARGE TO ME, BUT I WOULD NEED TO MEASURE YOU AND EXAMINE YOU TO BE CERTAIN. I CHOOSE IMPLANT SIZE IN THE OPERATING ROOM AFTER THE POCKET IS CREATED AND SIZERS ARE USED. THAT WAY, I CAN BE CERTAIN THAT MY PATIENT RECEIVES THE PERFECT FIT FOR THE SIZE THEY WANT. BY THE WAY, THE FDA HAS STATED THAT PATIENTS SHOULD BE AT LEAST 22 YEARS OLD BEFORE THEY CAN HAVE SILICONE GEL IMPLANTS.

William H. Gorman, MD

What look are you looking for?

+1

At 5'9" and 115lb you are skinny.  Although without a picture or examination no recommendations can be made, a general statement can be made that an implant on you will have very little skin/fat covering it and thus the implant / implant shape will be well visible.  You will most likely have round bubbly looking breasts.  If this is the look you are going for then go ahead.  However if you are looking for a more 'natura' and proportional look a smaller implant may be your better option.

Bottom line, without pictures and examination the best advice for you is to speak to your board certified Plastic Surgeon, make sure the implant dimensions fit your chest and the final look will make you happy.  A 3D simulator might be a good idea to get an rough estimate of what you can expect.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Implant choices

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to offer suggestions as to the proper volume for you. This often takes a full physical exam and a discussion of your goals to figure thisout.

Breast Implant Size

+1

Hello Cat,

No one can tell you if the size is right for you without photos, or better, a true physical examination. 

I do want to clarify this question of FDA approval of silicone gel implants in younger women. The FDA believes that 22 years old is the minimal age that a woman is consentable for silicone gel implants.  This issue highlights the inconsistencies of this organization to regulate silicone gel implants, compared to saline implants.  There are no such age restrictions for saline implants, yet the FDA has established twice, in 2006 and in 2011, that there is no difference in the risks between the two devices.  Further, this additional age restriction has no data behind it to suggest that a 22 year old woman is more emotionally mature than an 18 year old. Finally, the decision to place silicone gel implants in a woman younger than 22 is a decision that is between the surgeon and his patient, and is considered 'off label use' of the device.  This is not against the law, and occurs frequently in all realms of medicine.

You should see a breast surgery specialist, and ask him his opinion regarding the proper size implant for your body dimensions.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Implants choice

+1

Dear Xallycat,

as Dr Pousti just answered, you will need to be 22 years old to get silicone gel implants.

Yes, silicone gel implants are the best alternative on the market, and FDA approved for breast augmentation. Until some better product or technique will be developed in the future...

at 5'9, you are quite tall, but you are very slim at 105 LBS now. In my own opinion, your tissues are too slim to carry such heavy implants. You may run the risk of bottoming out, with the implants weighing heavily on the infra-mammary folds and dropping progressively below.

Please make sure you discuss all issues and concern with your board certified plastic surgeon prior to your surgery.

Sincerely,

Florence Mussat

Florence Mussat, MD

Choice of Breast implant size/type?

+1

Although I cannot give you good advice about the size of breast implant without examining you and knowing your goals, I do like your choice of breast implants (silicone gel)  given your good description of your body type. I'm sure your plastic surgeon has informed to that silicone breast implants are “FDA approved” for patients above the age of 22.  Make sure you are well informed about the pros/cons of each type of breast implant;  also ask about the breast implant warranty given your age  and the FDA recommendation.