Need Help on Size? (photo)

I want 400-425 cc gel HP overs I'm currently at 34B and would like to get a 34D look I'm 5'7 125lbs my hips are 28 , here are some photos

Smaller is better

+1

At size 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  To achieve a D would require 200 cc implants.  400 to 425 cc implants would be too large and exceed your desired size.  Also, I do not recommend implants in front of the muscle, particularly large ones that you are requesting.  400 cc implants weigh approximately 1 lb, are not supported by anything other than the skin and will descend requiring revision.  Approximately 22% of people who undergo breast augmentation require repeat surgery within 2 years.  Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.      

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+1

It is very difficult to predict what cup size you will be after your procedure.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  So a D cup in one designer could be a C cup or B cup in another designer.   This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant size

+1

First, i will point out that you have asymmetries between the two breasts and this is the "norm" rather than the exception. As for a good size, it is difficult to say without an exam.

Implant Size

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

If the desired size is a 34D, the implant sizes you have chosen may be the correct size, with that being said it is best to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon and have a formal consultation so that he/she may better guide you with your desired size and implant choice.

Good luck to you

David Cangello, MD

Size advice

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.   I think 400-425cc will put you in the D cup range.    I would not recommend much larger, as you have a small frame and could run a much higher risk of implant related complications.

In regards to placing the implant over the muscle, you will much more implant visibility and run a higher chance of capsular contracture.    If you and your surgeon decide on this, it would be good to discuss the use of a textured implant.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Need Help on Size?

+1

At least a 450 cc if not larger is the choice you need to decide upon. Best to try sizers in the higher cc ranges. 

Help with Implant size.

+1

Judging from your photos, 400-425cc implants will provide the desired final size.  High profile implants, however, may not be the way to go as they tend to give the breast the look of a "high take-off" which some women find unappealing.  When you go to your consultation bring some photos of results that you like and results that you do not like.  Those photos will help your surgeon determine the most appropriate implant profile.  Also, many surgeons have some system or mechanism which can help the patient "preview" the final result for any given implant volume--this will help to ensure that the volume you have in mind will in fact meet your expectations.

William A. Terranova, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Help with implant size

+1

Thanks for sharing your photos.  Although direct examination is better, based on your photos, 400-425cc implants will give you 34D or 34DD.  As you may know already, round implants come in different diameter and projection (profiles).  Depending on your body (chest height and width), we recommend certain implant diameter.  Depending on what kind of look you like, we can change the implant profile.  You should discuss with your plastic surgeon your goals. Bring in photos of people that you want to look like. Best wishes.

Sugene Kim, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Unfortunately, online consultants are not in a position to provide you with precise enough advice.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding selection of breast implant size/profile) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Also, make sure you are well informed about the pros/cons of breast implant positioning "above" or "below" the pectoralis muscle.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Breast augmentation implant sizing

+1

While it is difficult to give you precise advice online, the size you want can be achieved by the volumes you have mentioned. I would urge for you to see a board-certified plastic surgeon and discuss the risks and benefits of placement of the breast implant over or under the muscle. I believe the majority of breast implants should be placed partially under the muscle and certainly you are a candidate for the same. Additionally, I believe patients benefit greatly by Vectra 3-D breast imaging preoperatively regarding sizing.  Best of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS