What Can I Expect My Cup Size To Be? Small B Cup Getting 350cc Saline Moderate+Profile.

k I am 5'4 100 pounds 23 years old. I am currently a small b or a full a 32. My BWD is 11.9 I am going to have 350cc saline moderate plus implants placed. I am wondering if this is going to make me big enough?? I know that bra size depends on where you buy your bras...But i would like to be full and have cleavage i am wanting a small D. Will this be big enough since i am small?

What can I expect my cup size to be?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Predetermined breast size

+1

If you are a 32 A, each 100 cc implant will be 1 bra size increase.  You will be 3 1/2 cup sizes larger and will go from an A to a full D, which is greater than you desire (small D).  When implants are placed sub-musclar, you may not be able to accommodate a 350 cc implant.  I recommend you show your plastic surgeon photographs of what your desire so he can choose the correct size at surgery to meet your needs, rather than going with preconceived notion that 350 cc will solve your problem.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

Like you said, implant volumes do not always match up to cup size. The best thing for you to do is perform a baggy test using volumes recommended by your surgeon.   FInd the volume you like with a t-shirt on, and go from there.

How to pick breast implants.

+1

Hi.  I hope you find this article helpful.  You will be a D cup.

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast implant size with moderate plus saline implants

+1

Having a very thorough consultation an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon is first and foremost.  At the initial consultation, or may be at a subsequent "sizing" visit, a rough estimate of the size implant to be placed is usually gained.  I tend to put in a sizer at the time of surgery, sit up the patient, and evaluate the size.  That tends to keep my revision rate very low.  Using a rough rule that 150-200 cc gives 1 cup size increase, a 350 cc moderate plu implant would be expected to give about what you want.  If you have allow the surgeon to be flexible intraoperatively s/he probably will have the best chance of getting you to your goal size.  Best of luck to you.

James E. Chappell, MD

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

One breast size will be “big enough” for you will depend on your personal goals. It is up to you to do your due diligence and take your plastic surgeon carefully;  it will then be up to you also to communicative goals clearly with your plastic surgeon.

Then allow him/her ( after you have communicated goals clearly with him/her)  to choose the breast implants that will best meet your objectives. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “full” or “small D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.