Need help with Severe burn from a Affirm laser treatment! (photos)

Three days ago I received an affirm laser treatment. The physician performed the treatment herself. I'm so upset because this physician burned a hole in my face about the size of a nickel. I'm looking for advice on how to treat it while I'm waiting to get in to see a reputable dermatologist. I would also appreciate any tips on how to proceed with getting this physician to cooperate with paying for the scar removal/ skin treatments that will be needed down the road?

Treatment for laser skin burn

+1
Hopefully you have contacted the physician and received guidance from the treating office. I recommend very good wound care - clean gently with soap and water and without trauma (no washcloth), then apply copious amount of Vaseline or Aquaphor. I would recommend based on the photo that you keep the area covered with a non-stick dressing or keeping a very thick layer of Vaseline/petrolatum can act like a wound dressing. If the wound dries out and gets crusty and thick then I would soak with a wet washcloth until it softens and then apply Vaseline or Aquaphor - DO NOT PICK ANY SCABS - soak them to loosen and remove them. Importantly follow up closely and often with the treating physician and office to be sure the healing is going well. Hope this helps.

Charlotte Dermatologist