Scar Revision From Excision On My Forehead. What To Do? (photo)

I am 7-week post op after my PS excised a region of skin containing acne scarring from my forehead. I am really concerned that a very noticeable, long, indented incision line will remain. When he told me once healed will be barely noticeable. He says it looks great at this point and is considering dermabrasion in 3 months to get rid of redness and flatten out the indented line. Any recommendations on next steps? Outlook? What to expect? I am interested in hearing second opinions. Thanks!

Scar revision on the forehead

+1

This type of scar is best managed by your current surgeon.  I would recommend a combination of percutaneous scar release, fractional laser resurfacing, and pulsed dye laser.

Scar of forehead after excision of acne damaged skin

+1

1. Wait and listen to your surgeon.

2. Use sunscreen daily.

3. You may consider the use of Scarguard twice a day.

4. Microdermabrasion alone is not a bad option but if used alone, is unlikely to make a significant difference.

5. Consider treatment with fractional non ablative laser at 6 weeks. That combined with microdermabrasion will lead to a significant improvement.

6. If redness persists after the laser treatment, intense pulse light will help that.

Good Luck

David Evdokimow, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon