Who can help me with saline implants removal?

I had my saline implants "installed" (because that what it now feels like) in 1996. They are very heavy and are resting on my ribs and hurt. I was foolish and had them installed at the request of a boyfriend who paid for them, he's gone now. I'm so glad I found this site, because now I see saline implants can be deflated at a lower costs than removal. Are there any Doctors in Louisiana who will do this? Thanks.

+1

Assuming that no additional work is required ( for example breast lifting or capsulectomy), breast implants can be removed under local anesthesia in many cases. This should serve to keep costs lower.

In regards to selection of plastic surgeon, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. You will likely gain a feeling for the nature of each plastic surgeons practice just by evaluating their website and/or during the consultation process.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal patients, helpful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm

Implant removal can be done

+1

Implant removal may also involve lifting the breasts and possible implant replacement depending on your individual situation and desires.

Simply "deflating" the implants without removal is sometimes planned temporarily to see how the breasts look without the added implant volume, however the longer term plan should be to remove the implants if the heaviness and pain are bothering you.

Web reference: http://www.drlevens.com

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon